Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Losing faith in monster cards

Seems to me that AK is best played with a 3-5x BB raise PF to weed out the trash.. then played very conservatively when it invariably whiffs the flop. I like betting out on a whiff and seeing what happens..but if called I slow way down. Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Losing faith in monster cards

There has been much debate on Big Slick, personally I prefer to play it somewhat safe, although I will not hesitate to go allin if it means I will be headsup, and not all my chippies are at stake, unless I'm short stacked, however the way I see it there three hands that knock more people out of hold’em tournaments such as: A pair of Queens, a Pair of Jacks or Ace-King.

Problem is Big Slick needs all 5 community cards, before the coin flip hit probability, again Im no expert but AK hitting on the flop is somewhat lower then it hitting on the board, so if your allin against pocket pair, it's a coin flip, if you slow play it, you have a decision on the turn, my point ,,,I really don't have one sorry.