Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
this is incorrect. My own personal PF raising is around 17% and it is very specifically for these kinds of opponents that I raise so much. When you 3- bet me with small pocket pairs, you are forgetting that I am able to win the maximum from you and you will win the minimum from me, barring a set.

The reaoning is this. You are not to sure if I am raising with a pocket pair, and I never raise with any that 77 beats. When an Ace falls, especially if I have position, you have no choice but the make a play at it. When I hold an ace, this is bad for you.

Also, I do not have to call the river unimproved, but you do. This singular situation is where my edge comes from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. This is my boat too but i'm only 13PFR FR. 16 is high even by my loony standards...

What are you hitting KXs??? 22+??? AXo???

JT
Old 08-16-2006, 08:52 PM

blinds. I am not a big fan of open limping from middle, late position either.

pretty much folding the garbage in middle position, but in the HJ or button, I am hitting as low a Q5s and some suited gappers. It is easier to play these post flop.

From early postion it would definitely be a mistake to reraise me with 77.

Mind you I am also playing 6-max as well.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:57 PM

DaveT,

I'm not sure you are right.

(1) 77 may very well beat 88 or 99 if the board comes AKQ and 77 bets.

(2) 77 will win 90% of non-broadway boards. The odd flush draw could knock out 77, as well as counterfeit boards.

(3) Its quite easy to lay down 77 to a broadway board so no need to pay off.

(4) 77 has position.

(4) When the set comes, the hand is virtually invisible and gets heavy action when both players hit.

The downfall to 77 is that most times an overcard hits and it becomes a "cross your fingers and hope the other guy doesn't have anything" hand.

I'm not sure playing this hand makes a lot of money. But it probably doesn't lose alot either. Probably breaks even. So the rake gets you. The downfall, to me, is that it adds to your variance. Lose three or four of those coin flips in a row and your day really sucks. Win three or four and your day is off to a great start. Or, don't play them, and wait for a better spot.