Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Questions about the Orleans Poker Room

[ QUOTE ]
I used to visit The Orleans pretty often. I'd stay there a lot when the strip hotels were expensive prior to moving here. And after I moved here I visited it somewhat often for a while. But it finally dawned on me, the place is just miserable.

The dealers are nastier than any on the strip. I've never seen a strip dealer come right out and hiss "why do you THINK I'm angry, sir--it's because nobody is tipping me, that's why" as she's flinging cards left and right and scowling and sighing and moaning after getting no toke on two hands in a row with a $6 pot.

And the players are worse...the 2/4 and 4/8 games are filled with 70+ yo pensioners playing on their social security checks, treating every $4 bet like it's life and death, and throwing things when they lose a $20 pot. If you want to see an octogenarian grandmother sound like a longshoreman who just dropped a crowbar on his foot, just checkraise her on the turn at the Orleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I've stayed there many times, I've only played there a few times because it is the unluckiest cardroom on earth for me. But the times I've played 2/4, it's been like any other 2/4 in Vegas - a few happy drunks, a couple clueless tourists, and a unabomber wannabe.