Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone bashing Blackwater employees for being "trigger-happy", "mercenary", or "indifferent to human life" is basically retarded.

THOSE ARE GOOD TRAITS IN AN ACTIVE COMBAT ZONE. Good! Not bad!

If you were in Iraq, would you want a bodyguard who (1) shot first, asked questions later; or (2) consulted the Geneva convention before turning off his safety?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I really can't disagree with you on that. I think what people should be mad at is a system that has lead to such a need for perpetual warfare, which BlackWater has contributed to.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The person I was responding to said "They kill people for money". This is not a true statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Priceless
Old 11-04-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The person I was responding to said "They kill people for money". This is not a true statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the follow-up. Nice try.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the argument you use is the same line the bush administration took when leading up to war in Iraq. The preemptive strike, it's a uniquely fascist technique, attacking them to ensure your own safety...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't wanna talk about the aljazeera thing can we discuss my statement here? you never responded to it either.
No, the argument I use is that way too many people casually brush across the front page of a news paper every other morning and don't have a clue what the hell is actually going on over in Iraq and have these sick fantasies that security agents screened through Blackwater and about 12 other security companies are running through the streets fighting with the soldiers, yet somehow they're immune from the laws that govern the soldiers. The truth is, they only have incidental contact with the soldiers, they're not out there fighting side by side with them. Security agents have a job to do, soldiers have theirs, and they rarely cross paths.

Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide. I believe, as I've stated earlier in this thread, that alot of the hatred for Blackwater is actually hatred for the US Military, and often Blackwater gets blamed for things the US Military did.

[/ QUOTE ] Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide.

I think the part that unnerves people is the potential there for a private military and or private military police service patrolling the world, unchecked by anyone. Maybe that's not what they are now, but i think i read somewhere in this thread about blackwater tanks and aircraft and such? If so, seems like there is a lot there to really be concerned about. see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world" maybe im hearing you wrong but...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the argument you use is the same line the bush administration took when leading up to war in Iraq. The preemptive strike, it's a uniquely fascist technique, attacking them to ensure your own safety...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't wanna talk about the aljazeera thing can we discuss my statement here? you never responded to it either.
No, the argument I use is that way too many people casually brush across the front page of a news paper every other morning and don't have a clue what the hell is actually going on over in Iraq and have these sick fantasies that security agents screened through Blackwater and about 12 other security companies are running through the streets fighting with the soldiers, yet somehow they're immune from the laws that govern the soldiers. The truth is, they only have incidental contact with the soldiers, they're not out there fighting side by side with them. Security agents have a job to do, soldiers have theirs, and they rarely cross paths.

Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide. I believe, as I've stated earlier in this thread, that alot of the hatred for Blackwater is actually hatred for the US Military, and often Blackwater gets blamed for things the US Military did.

[/ QUOTE ] Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide.

I think the part that unnerves people is the potential there for a private military and or private military police service patrolling the world, unchecked by anyone. Maybe that's not what they are now, but i think i read somewhere in this thread about blackwater tanks and aircraft and such? If so, seems like there is a lot there to really be concerned about. see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world" maybe im hearing you wrong but...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If you don't wanna talk about the aljazeera thing can we discuss my statement here? you never responded to it either.

srry, still suk at the internetz, im learning slo
Old 11-04-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone bashing Blackwater employees for being "trigger-happy", "mercenary", or "indifferent to human life" is basically retarded.

THOSE ARE GOOD TRAITS IN AN ACTIVE COMBAT ZONE. Good! Not bad!

If you were in Iraq, would you want a bodyguard who (1) shot first, asked questions later; or (2) consulted the Geneva convention before turning off his safety?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I really can't disagree with you on that. I think what people should be mad at is a system that has lead to such a need for perpetual warfare, which BlackWater has contributed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. Well, there you go. I've already made it clear that I will stop responding to people who are so poor in their debate skills that they cannot keep the conversation on Blackwater without allowing it to degenerate into a much simpler "I hate Bush/Pull out of Iraq" circle jerk.

We are all aware of the fact that the Iraq war was an incredibly irresponsible, irrational decision, and the George Bush is an idiot. That much is pretty much clear cut.

Stick to Blackwater please. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DblJ,

Dont waste your time trying to have a reasonable discussion with Midge. He simply either isnt capable of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR, would you consider saying Blackwater employees never kill anyone to be reasonable discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is when you define "Employee" as someone who works for you. If you're interested in what Blackwater <u>employees</u> do, they work here in America, training law enforcement, military, and private citizens in various firearms and unarmed self defense techniques, and they work as mechanics, etc.

The security agents work as independent contractors, they write invoices and have checks deposited into checking accounts. They do not work for Blackwater. They are screened, background checked, pass their firearms qualification courses, then are checked as "Cleared" by Blackwater, at which point they head over to work for various clients of Blackwater on a wide variety of security missions.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't work for the people that pay their salary? I must be confused

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you are, because you read what you wanted to read, and skipped what you didn't.

Blackwater runs like a temp staffing service. They don't technically work "For Blackwater" they're working for various Blackwater clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mistaken on your interpretation.

Follow the money to know whom these employees are working for--who is paying the "temp staffing" as you describe it?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the follow-up. Nice try.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't give a [censored] about the follow up.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If you don't wanna talk about the aljazeera thing can we discuss my statement here? you never responded to it either.

srry, still suk at the internetz, im learning slo

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about what? I've made it clear what Blackwater does, what security agents screened by Blackwater do, and what US Soldiers do.

If you have a specific question, sure, I'll be glad to talk about it.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DblJ,

Dont waste your time trying to have a reasonable discussion with Midge. He simply either isnt capable of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR, would you consider saying Blackwater employees never kill anyone to be reasonable discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is when you define "Employee" as someone who works for you. If you're interested in what Blackwater <u>employees</u> do, they work here in America, training law enforcement, military, and private citizens in various firearms and unarmed self defense techniques, and they work as mechanics, etc.

The security agents work as independent contractors, they write invoices and have checks deposited into checking accounts. They do not work for Blackwater. They are screened, background checked, pass their firearms qualification courses, then are checked as "Cleared" by Blackwater, at which point they head over to work for various clients of Blackwater on a wide variety of security missions.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't work for the people that pay their salary? I must be confused

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you are, because you read what you wanted to read, and skipped what you didn't.

Blackwater runs like a temp staffing service. They don't technically work "For Blackwater" they're working for various Blackwater clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mistaken on your interpretation.

Follow the money to know whom these employees are working for--who is paying the "temp staffing" as you describe it?

[/ QUOTE ]

DOD, and who knows how many construction, trucking companies, other foreign countries doing diplomatic business in Iraq, as well as other private companies doing business in Iraq pay Blackwater to find security agents for them.