Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: JJ - Overpair. Flop and Turn lines please. (50nl)

well it doesnt really look like he was bluffing, it seems he thought hes AQ was good...

if we want villian to bluff to us then why are we c/r flop? most will dump it there making air on the turn less likely to double c/r turn with
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 PM

I like betting out, calling if raised, then c/ring turn all in on a non heart, if he's a thinking villian. He may think you're trying to steal on a board that missed most of his range, and he'll bluff raise you. you call, and check it to him, he's likely to double barrel, and you can snap him right there.

If the flush completes on the turn, I'd bet/fold if I don't think he can push with Ah or Kh here. If he can, I'd probably c/r AI like planned.

oh and I'd 3 bet preflop, so I usually avoid this scenario.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Twos) and LOST (-$49.20)

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd he actually have? I smell a bit of doctoring (entirely forgivable sometimes.)

Reasoning is not completely off here too much, except pf. Raise it up every time -- BECAUSE JJ is hard to play oop. Not raising it because it's hard to play post flop oop is missing the point of the initial rr.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 PM

I think this flop line is fine and you have to show up with a hand like JJ here sometimes if you're going to be raising this flop with air and flush draws like you should be. With no history I'm probably c/f turn, betting river if he checks behind. If you've been going at him a bit, I like c/c or c/rai on the turn.