Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Standard? Small doney str8

MP is 72/1/1 over a small sample.

CO is 16/15/4 with a high attempt to steal.

3-bet pf is to pick up dead money.

Flop isnt great, and whilst I think I might be behind MP, I think I'm ahead of CO who is deep.

Turn is standard right - he's raising a T here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.10
BB: $36.90
UTG: $19.90
MP: $12.30
CO: $36.75
Hero (BTN): $52.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.90</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $3.65, CO calls $2.80

Flop: ($12.05) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, CO calls $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($21.05) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets all-in for $5.40</font>, CO calls $5.40, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.65</font>, CO folds
Uncalled bet of $37.25 returned to Hero

River: ($37.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $37.25 ($1.85 Rake)

MP had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Ten high) and WON (+$23.10)
Hero had 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Nine high) and LOST (-$12.30)
Old 09-22-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Standard? Small doney str8

I'd probably fold the flop as we're beat most of the time here with 2 callers pf and MP basically committing himself. But I don't think it's played bad either (since it's so small bet).
Old 09-22-2007, 01:33 PM

I think it's good to raise out the CO on the turn, but I don't like the 3bet preflop. MP = short stack and given his stats probably a calling station. This guy is pot committed before the flop. Which basically means you gonna have to put at least his stack in the pot on any board. I think you're wasting money here.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM

That flop call is so atrocious. Your ahead of cutoff who is deep? So what. If your ahead of him right now with a pair of 5's being deep doesn't matter, you wont wont win much from him. FOLD FLOP.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Agree with popeye, the flop is where you should have stopped.

Now granted, you have position, but you're against two opponents and SO many things could fall on 4th street to beat you. In fact, one of them did.

Not only is there a spade draw and multiple straight draws, you've got overcards to worry about too. So basically if your opponents have absolutely nothing, maybe some runner-runner low cards could help you.

But the substantial action on the flop tells shows that you must fold.

Your move on 4th street is respectable, but I don't think this was the time to do it, for the same reasons that you should not have called on the flop. Your hand is simply too vulnerable and your opponents are displaying too much strength to fold anything substantial. It's a good thing the bettor was small.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 PM

I was CO and had JJ and was very clueless on what to do. I really think the 3 bet preflop is pointless as it takes away all of the value from your hand. I was just trying to keep the pot small and I knew you wouldn't bluff me out of it because of the third player being short and committed. As played I still think your flop call is bad, but nice catch by both of you with the gutter.