Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Multiway KQ hand....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did your drink get delivered on the turn, causing you to forget to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if I thought that mp was on a heart draw or straight draw or something, then what is the big blind calling 3 cold on the flop with? I wasn't confident at all that I had the big blind beat here, which is why I didn't raise the turn. And I think this hand happened after last call anyway, so there was no drink delivered.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to raise the turn, the BB could have you beat, marginally, so you have a better chance to win the pot by raising and getting him to fold, and, you really don't have to worry too much about the maniac in MP, if he does happen to have you beat, nice hand. The majority of the time, he won't. Probably more info on this maybe someone else can elaborate.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 PM

I'd bet this river for sure, and likely raise the turn.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if I thought that mp was on a heart draw or straight draw or something, then what is the big blind calling 3 cold on the flop with? I wasn't confident at all that I had the big blind beat here, which is why I didn't raise the turn. And I think this hand happened after last call anyway, so there was no drink delivered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't say that I know, but if I raised the turn and BB called I wouldn't be betting the river.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to raise the turn, the BB could have you beat, marginally, so you have a better chance to win the pot by raising and getting him to fold, and, you really don't have to worry too much about the maniac in MP, if he does happen to have you beat, nice hand. The majority of the time, he won't. Probably more info on this maybe someone else can elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is a typical good middle limit game. Meaning that if I raise the turn here any hand that beats me never folds.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we worrying about money that calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because the big blind thought that he could narrow down the field by check raising me on the flop but instead was facing 3 cold and didn't want to release his AQ, KK or AA yet. Or maybe playing a set really weirdly.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Results

I was really interested in the advice I received for the turn and river, obviously the most difficult parts of the hand. I don't agree with raising the turn here, but I definitely see why most of you think it is the correct play and the reason why I posted this is to see everyone's different opinions.

On the river, as strange as this sounds, I like my hand against the mp much better if he bets than if he checks because he would bet the river here with any busted draw and check here with a lot of hands that are obviously good. So I bet after thinking about it for like ten seconds. The big blind check raises and mp called after thinking for almost a minute. I folded quickly. The big blind showed TT and the mp flashed the 65o.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:19 AM

I raise PF. I cant see a stronger hand than your KQo not raising before you here. The BB cold calling three bets to him on the flop really concerns me and makes me wonder if my hand is good here. I've seen the results and saw that you said he had TT. However, I was beginning to smell an overpair like AA or KK here. I was thinking he may have figured that he needed to obviously check-raise this flop in order to knock anyone out, but then froze up when it got 3-bet and might think hes beat and is in calldown mode. Because of this (paranoid ?) read I check behind on the river.