Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: less about retards more about politics

i believe iron's question was indeed if the account was one of ours. i don't know how serious he was, but whatever. he's obviously pretty upset and curious about the momentary unbanning. i just installed a totally free piece of forum software on a site of mine, and even it had a "log moderator actions" option. i obviously have 0 members right now, and no moderator actions (and didn't enable moderator logging anyway since i'm the only moderator), but there must be something going on in the backend we can have turned on =( however, we (the admins) should at the moment have a note for who REbanned him.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe iron's question was indeed if the account was one of ours. i don't know how serious he was, but whatever. he's obviously pretty upset and curious about the momentary unbanning. i just installed a totally free piece of forum software on a site of mine, and even it had a "log moderator actions" option. i obviously have 0 members right now, and no moderator actions (and didn't enable moderator logging anyway since i'm the only moderator), but there must be something going on in the backend we can have turned on =( however, we (the admins) should at the moment have a note for who REbanned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that Ryan can see who unbanned a poster. I don't remember when, but I think he's mentioned it before.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:14 AM

i would VERY MUCH like to see an admin post in this forum who unbanned BGC and why it was or wasn't ok
Old 03-17-2007, 07:00 AM

Admins get notifications about bannings and I'm pretty sure they get notifications about unbannings. I was serious about asking if BGC is a Mod's gimmick, but I doubt it is. My best guess is the person who rebanned him was either the mod who unbanned him because he saw me complaining or *TT* because BGC posted in B&M.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:58 AM

I would just like to take this opportunity to post, that aftera little investigation, Mickey Brausch is definitely Cyrus. The last IP address Cyrus posted with was 87.202.44.148. This tracks to Greece, in the City (or region, i'm not sure) of Akhaia, Patras. Cyrus was banned 7/30/06 at 2 a.m.

The first IP address used by Mickey Brausch was 85.75.106.31. This tracks to teh exact same city/region of Greece. This account was created 10 hours after Cyrus was banned.

Now, I think that Cyrus/MB is one of the biggest trolls in the politics forum. What sets him apart from other trolls, is that he is intelligent enough to disguise his posts as legitimate. But nearly all of his posts are sarcastic, condescending, and degrading to the person he is responding to (for a quick example, just look at his most recent post in ATF, responding to a legitimate point by By-Tor). I know, Iron, that you like this poster, but I really think that a poster who has been perma-banned once by Mason needs too be watched very closely.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:15 PM

I told Mat that Cyrus = Mickey a couple days ago and asked Mat to not ban him. The response I got back was that it was up to Mason to ban Mickey for Cyrus's crimes.

You're right that I do like Mickey. Not only do I not think he should be banned, but he is one of the best posters in Politics. I have definately watched him closely, I have probably read and reread every post Mickey has made about Israel. I just don't see how those posts were anything but standard debate. Mickey has not repeated the "sins" of Cyrus.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right that I do like Mickey. Not only do I not think he should be banned, but he is one of the best posters in Politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 03-17-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I told Mat that Cyrus = Mickey a couple days ago and asked Mat to not ban him. The response I got back was that it was up to Mason to ban Mickey for Cyrus's crimes.

You're right that I do like Mickey. Not only do I not think he should be banned, but he is one of the best posters in Politics. I have definately watched him closely, I have probably read and reread every post Mickey has made about Israel. I just don't see how those posts were anything but standard debate. Mickey has not repeated the "sins" of Cyrus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking abot his Israel posts. I'm talking about his general style of being snide, condescending, sarcastic, and obnoxious, in nearly all of his posts. Why do you think he was able to get Mason so angry at him? It wasn't just what he was debating, it was the way he was doing it.

Edit: I could post a million examples of this, here's the most recent one here (from his most recent post): here
Old 03-17-2007, 04:19 PM

I hope this anti-MB feeling of yours doesn't stem from his posts about you in your "Please to be making of the moderator for jman220" thread? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this anti-MB feeling of yours doesn't stem from his posts about you in your "Please to be making of the moderator for jman220" thread? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, thats why I posted here, if action is going to be taken against MB it won't be by me, because it will be seen as biased. However, there's plenty of posters in that thread who don't like me, MB is the only one that I think is completely useless.