5-10% of the time 1 3.57%
10-15% of the time 9 32.14%
15-25% of the time 5 17.86%
more than 25% of the time 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2006, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Demon 2 Feedback Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The one power I disliked the most was the priest's power that confirmed him as priest - this was a game where we could never trust anyone's role, and it detracted from that when we had a role we could trust from day 1. Adding the fact that I could tell the priest who I was meant there was a bit of a masonry going on.
You missed an Angel power in the write-up; I *also* knew about the priest's power of prayer. I don't think anyone but GT1T knew that, and him only because I told him.
This game was VERY lopsided, but I think varience played a huge role - and it felt like it still might come down to a tie.
This game requires a HUGE effort from the village, each and every day - much more so than a normal WW game.
I'm the lone vote that prefers no time limits. I think it's a better game without them, and I dislike end-of-day voting oddities anyways. However, I can accept that it's very draining to play this game with no time limits, and I'll play in D3 with or without them.
The writeups are a huge part of the enjoyment of Demon.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that some people missed/are missing is that the Exorcism and Interrogation powers came at a big price: outing the power roles. If the Demons hadn't been decimated in the first day, having the Priest out in the open on Day 1 could have been a disaster.

One of my plans for Demon 3 is to give less information to various pro-villager roles, but include a role or two that has a role-confirming power (like Exorcism or Interrogation). In a game where the Demons don't get biotch-smacked Day 1, I think whether or not to use such a power would be a harder choice.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that some people missed/are missing is that the Exorcism and Interrogation powers came at a big price: outing the power roles. If the Demons hadn't been decimated in the first day, having the Priest out in the open on Day 1 could have been a disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but as it turned out, that was a big plus for the village. Especially for the priest, who was getting angel protection anyway.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:00 AM

My main gripe about this game:

No time limits on the day was pretty bad.

No time limits on the night was also bad.

But no time limits on player silence was the worst. Here's the rule we were given at the beginning of the game:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who does not post or PM me for a full day/night cycle will be replaced. Anyone who does not vote two days in a row will be replaced. Active participation is crucial in this game, so please take the time to post at least once each day

[/ QUOTE ]

Good rule. Except that VR went an ENTIRE WEEK without making a single post. And this was the last one before the absence:

[ QUOTE ]
I have a quite a bit to say, having now reread the thread. Unfortunately, I have to go out now for about 3 and a half hours, though, so I hope there won't be a lynch before I return.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? From the person supposedly most interested in the game in the first place? She was playing turbos during the demon daytime too, so it wasn't just being afk. I found this very, very, VERY disappointing.

And IY went three days without placing a vote. Voted day 1, which ended in no lynch. No vote day 2, no vote day 3, then a vote after nightfall on day 4.

If you make a rule that says you'll replace people who aren't playing, because "active participation is crucial", please replace them. People who don't show up screw up the game.

/end gripe
Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 AM

First off, absolutely loved the game. I'm pissed that I never got killed so I couldn't be in any of the write-ups.

My feedback:

- I like time limits, especially at the beginning
- I don't like the fact that I could have to switch sides in the middle of the game by possession; it's not fun to play most of the game as one side, and then have to switch to the other by the end. It also tends to make the end game more of a guess. I think a limited amount of possessions by the bad guys would be better, maybe even just restricted to diabolist/diabolii.
- I'm OK with some unknown powers (like the interrogation, exorcism, infernal will), but the one that screwed up the demon count or other things we are told at the beginning I did not like at all. If the amount of demons in the game was going to be flexible, we should not have been told there were four. It makes trying to backtrack the game not worth the effort, since you don't have enough information. What may also be good is if these powers could be revealed in their entirety at some point in the game (maybe a librarian character or something).
- That having been said, I loved most of the special powers in the game. It's a shame most of them never got used, but the powers that allow the invoker to be creative (like infernal will) are easily my favorite. I suggest that you make an effort to spread them out to more players, as opposed to letting the diabolist have all of the fun. This will allow more people to feel involved at the beginning of the game too.

Again, loved the game, and am definitely in for Demon 3.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And IY went three days without placing a vote. Voted day 1, which ended in no lynch. No vote day 2, no vote day 3, then a vote after nightfall on day 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reasonably active during those days (except for over Labor Day weekend, where I unexpectedly lost my intenet connection while away).

It's just not my style to throw around votes (in real life too; I've never voted in a government election). Call me the anti-Shortline.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reasonably active during those days (except for over Labor Day weekend, where I unexpectedly lost my intenet connection while away).

It's just not my style to throw around votes (in real life too; I've never voted in a government election). Call me the anti-Shortline.

[/ QUOTE ]
i've never voted in a government election.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i've never voted in a government election.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd probably break the machine if you did, and get kicked out for trying to influence other voters. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 AM

Yes, but the rule was clearly stated, and it wasn't enforced.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- I don't like the fact that I could have to switch sides in the middle of the game by possession; it's not fun to play most of the game as one side, and then have to switch to the other by the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
Boy did you choose the wrong game!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but the rule was clearly stated, and it wasn't enforced.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lack of a time limit really messed with me on that rule. IY was posting and contributing, VR kept coming home and seeing the thread locked, so it wasn't like either one of them just abandoned the game.

Having said that, I am taking your complaint to heart, and will change/enforce that rule for the next game I mod to ensure consistency.