Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 06:30 PM

Default NL $25: KK In Position, Facing River All-in.

I have only been at this table approximately 10 hands so no real reads on any of the players. Coupled with being away from home, I do not have my PT stats to get an idea of the players.

This is the first hand I have submitted, and I would like a critique on all streets and with the general way the hand was played, plus your advice for the river. I *think* I played it poorly, and hopefully you can point out where and how if so. TIA.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($25.10)
UTG ($28.57)
UTG+1 ($9.94)
MP1 ($7)
MP2 ($25)
Heinous Player ($24.95)
CO ($6.90)
Button ($6.70)
SB ($3.70)

Preflop: Heinous Player is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 (poster) raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heinous Player raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heinous Player bets $4.1</font>, MP2 calls $4.10.

Turn: ($12.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Heinous Player checks.

River: ($12.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $18.85</font>, Heinous Player?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: NL $25: KK In Position, Facing River All-in.

Pre-flop is fine, the flop is fine

Turn check is fine; exercising pot control.

As played, I don't really know what you're beating on the river, except a busted flush draw or possibly 10/10 (maybe even QQ).

Having said that, its 50/50 whether I'd call the river or not; a lot of SSNL average players would play a set the same way (looking for check-raise on turn)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn check is fine; exercising pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where my biggest concern was. I checked for that reason, but than I thought maybe it was unwise because of the flush draw on the flop.

River had me thinking for a long time as well. Would anyone play top pair, good kicker this way as well?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM

does anyone lead the turn to charge draws? or is bloating the pot here not worth pricing them out?

as played i probably fold this river. there's not really much we beat except maybe underpairs or a busted flush draw, and without reads i don't think i can put him on a hand like that that we beat.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:47 PM

Checking the turn here sucks, raise to protect your hand. The turn looks like weakness so he could be pushing anything on the river, maybe even his broken flush draw that you gave him a free shot at. Anyway the way you played it I would call the river bet.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:56 PM

What really happened preflop? The poster didn't raise zero dollars. The blind is 0.25 right?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:06 PM

What happens if OP bets the turn but is put all-in by Villain.

Presumably, the "check-call, check-raise AI" line indicates a great deal of strength, but pot-odds will dictate he has to make the call.

Is it worth therefore checking behind on the turn, after allit is a heads up pot and the chances of a flush draw being out there are obviously diminished.

Please tell me if I'm completely wrong here.

Also, if the flop was rainbow, would the line on the turn be different?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What really happened preflop? The poster didn't raise zero dollars. The blind is 0.25 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that was a converter error I believe.

MP2 min-raised to .50 and I re-raised to 2.00.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn here sucks, raise to protect your hand. The turn looks like weakness so he could be pushing anything on the river, maybe even his broken flush draw that you gave him a free shot at. Anyway the way you played it I would call the river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was along the lines of what I was thinking after I checked, and why I thought I was wrong to play it that way because it was giving players a free chance to draw.

I did end up calling the river bet because of this.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, if the flop was rainbow, would the line on the turn be different?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would have been more comfortable betting, but I think I would have checked behind as well.