Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Default TPTK and weak draw facing a turn raise

Hello!

Please comment my thinking on the diffrent streets.
BB is TA-A
CO is 36.2/0/0.3 after 105 hands

Party Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.
standard

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls.
since the BB just called i think he cant have me beaten so i raise for value.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.
I know i dont have enough outs to call aginst a straight here, but thought he might be raising with two pair or set too. And if i hit a J or K i knew i could c/r river, so the pot odds were good.

River: (12.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.
I thought that the pot was big enough to make a call correct.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: TPTK and weak draw facing a turn raise

I'm not overcalling the river.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM

I'd say you can fold the river.

Everything is good through the turn. CO is really passive, so I don't think he's raising the turn with less than a set. However you have about proper odds to call for your gutshot. So you should do that.

On the river, the only hands you were behind on the turn that you now beat are KT and T6 and I don't put CO on T6. I expect BB to have a weaker king like a lot KJ, but I'm still worried about CO. I think the pot is big enough that calling isn't horrible, but I think that assuming you're good 1 in 14 times is optimistic.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 PM

With the CO being this passive your alost definately beat. He probably got something like AJ,KQ,66. I'd just call down after the turn raise. I think i could fold this on the river at a higher stake{maybe 1/2 upwards}.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want a better read on CO than 100 hands worth of stats before I fold this (would he cold-call J9 preflop? would he cold-call AJ on the flop? yada yada). His KT was just counterfeited! Only facing 1 bet and closing the action, I think you call; at the very least, calling isn't much of a mistake.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM

grunchies:

I'm calling this river. At first I thought fold, but after I while I remembered that even though we were facing a passive, typical player who might have K6 or similar hands, we just made a good two pair on the river, and the draws didn't come through for either flush. I'm not calling anything more than one bet though prolly.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:59 PM

so i guess i agree with bozlax lol
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 PM

lol I get so paranoid about LP cold-callers having AJs and KQs and generally just all sorts of cards that love this board.

The pot is too big at any point to fold.

I'm fine with the overcall, I'm not scared of BB having us beat. I expect him to have some sort of King with a draw. K9, K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I call getting 14:1 hoping that CO has KT or was making a stupid turn semi-bluf.

Another one of those hands that we never win, but I can't find a fold. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot see why i should not overcall! I said I have BB beaten on the flop and he showed weakness on turn and river. So if I had him beaten on the flop i think i have still.

Is this thinking good??
Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is 36.2/0/0.3 after 105 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

You see his stats?? Youre up against a big hand here.

[ QUOTE ]

since the BB just called i think he cant have me beaten so i raise for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he tries to slowplay KQ but wakes up when a straight card comes on the turn...?

[ QUOTE ]

I know i dont have enough outs to call aginst a straight here, but thought he might be raising with two pair or set too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you call the turn then? You're drawing to a four-outer prolly. (Not even, since the J of spades puts a three-flush on board)

[ QUOTE ]
And if i hit a J or K i knew i could c/r river, so the pot odds were good.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you couldn't. Put a J on the board and see what happens. Put a K on the board, and see what happens again. How many bets do you expect to collect? At most 2 more...

[ QUOTE ]

I thought that the pot was big enough to make a call correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. I don't overcall a TAG player in calldown mode, espeically when the bettor is passive. I mean, all we have is TPTK on a three-straight paired board. Hello?