Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Poker Tracker Question

This isnt a question about poker tracker itself, more about the information that the program provides.

I only purchased the program about a week ago, and dont really have much idea what im doing or what im looking for etc.

A few month back i was playing way too high and basically just donking off alot of money. So my stats are awful, but by seeing how bad the stats were has motivated me so much, and i have been playing good poker at low limits for the first time in my life. And slowly but surely am edging closer to the break even point, (considering i was -1000 at the start of the month, i am very pleased with this).

i know this makes me sound like a total donk but i find it really hard to manage my bankroll and was just dumping chips on 5/10 when i really didnt even have a roll to play .50/1

my question is if i have played 5k hands at 0.25/0.50, what should my average big bets per hour be around, to be respectable?

getting this program has made me realise just how bad i was playing online, and not even realising how much money i was wasting, so i am so pleased i purchased it, was really a eye opener!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Question

1bb/100 hands would be a pretty commendable turn around... after u have an idea of ur winrate and ur std deviation u can do a risk of ruin calculation to determine ur needed bankroll. U want about 50k hands atleast though to make any assumptions about ur winrate and even then I tihnk ur better off underestimating it, 50k hands is really still a very small sample that can have plenty of positive or negative variance in the results. I recommend going 500bbs for full ring, though if ur not a winner it wont matter how large u chose.

Stats are a good start though, see if ur preflop and af and blind defense are remotely in line with the ranges recommended for good play and thats a heck of a start towards improvement.

Also 5/Ts kinda tough for limit now a days unless u have good table selection there are a ton of multi tabling semi pro tags and lagtags (even at what is considered small stakes) that will just crush a novice nowadays and they infest most every table on every site it would seem.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 PM

thanks, as i said im fairly new to poker tracker and most of the information just looks like random numbers to me and im not quite sure what to make of it. but im sure i will get used to it in time thanks.

i noticed u mentioned BB/100hands. for the last month, which is since i started taking this seriously, it says 11.31? and for BB/1hour 8.93?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:48 PM

The poker tracker bible

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

some comparable stats

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=5892078

and of course this so you can find this stuff yourself next time

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=6542807
Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 AM

Are you playing limit or no-limit? I couldn't find it in the thread.

As far as I know, 1 BB/100 hands equals 2 big blinds per one hundred hands. 1 BB/100 hands is considered to be a fairly good winrate at limit hold'em and above 5 BB/100 hands is considered to be a fairly good winrate at no-limit hold'em.

Off course, others should correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM

im playing no limit 0.25/0.50 for now.

thanks for the links mattak!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 AM

oh alrite i thought u were saying limit for some reason

5ptbb/100 or better in the long run is a good sustainable win rate... sounds like ur doin much better than that congrats... how many hands is the sample over?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:49 PM

nearly 6k now. so not many. just started last two weeks, and i only play few hours a night. like i said im totally new to this program so i dont have much idea about what most of the stats mean. thanks for the links/info!