FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
but ftp won't respect the decision of the court....

all fine debating points, but the reality is that no US court has real power over FTP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do. That's the advantage of being the world's largest shopping mall. A US Court would likely rule that it had jurisdiction over Full Tilt. Full tilt has made systematic marketing attempts in the US and does business with countless US citizens. If Full Tilt chose not to defend, a default judgment would be rendered against them.

And there are several collection methods for seizing Full Tilt assets in America. It is pretty much impossible for them to do the amount of business they do with American consumers without leaving 50K laying around.

Of course, any such lawsuit would have to address heads on whether the underlying agreement were legal under the applicable law.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 AM

C'mon guys, seriously!!!!!!!

There is an issue here with regards to the customer service of FTP and them being lax in keeping sillysal updated in a timely manner. It is hardly a hanging offence. Very poor PR but that’s about it. Even sillysal expects this to be “sorted soon”. Why don’t we just wait for her update.

Talk about a lynch mob mentality.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is an issue here with regards to the customer service of FTP and them being lax in keeping sillysal updated in a timely manner. It is hardly a hanging offence. Very poor PR but that’s about it. Even sillysal expects this to be “sorted soon”. Why don’t we just wait for her update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Its a mere 47,000 dollars. We are online poker players; we don't deserve any better.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Its a mere 47,000 dollars. We are online poker players; we don't deserve any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what I said. If you read it I stated the customer service was poor. But thats it. The fact that it is $47K makes no difference to me. Does that mean sillysal has done nothing wrong?

And $1k to some people means a lot more that $47K to someone else.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 PM

Hello xxxxxx,

We can certainly understand your concern regarding the status of your
account; however, if you have not been involved in any wrongdoing you
have nothing to worry about.

We are still investigating the issue and appreciate the information you
have offered to date.
Please note that the length of time being taken is to ensure the correct
decision is made in a complex situation.

A final decision regarding the status of your account will be reached
within this week. Rest assured, you will be informed as soon as
possible.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Regards,

James M
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

MY RESPONSE:

You say, " if you have not been involved in any wrongdoing you
have nothing to worry about."

Was this said to assuage my fear? Seriously?

Do you understand how completely freaky it is , to have $47,000 frozen on an offshore gambling site, where you've given me no human to contact directly? To not be able to physically walk into an office, present myself, shake hands with a person in charge, , and ask to see the reason for the suspension of my account? To have no documents e mailed to me to review? To not be able to confirm nor refute whatever information that may or may not be damning to me?

I have no idea who you people are. I have no idea what your motives may be. I have no idea what /who /why /when nor what is involved. I have no way of defending myself whether I'm innocent or guilty.

What assurance do I have that I am going to get my money back? You have given me absolutely no information, asked me 2 questions and have kept me in the dark for almost 3 weeks.

What if you decide that I have been involved in "wrongdoing"? Are you prepared to tell me what that might be? Will you allow dialogue that I may refutably dispute whatever charges you might level against me? Or will you just decide, nah, not really not interested in your feelings, thoughts, evidence , in this particular case. We'll just keep your money here and please leave us alone. Perhaps this would not be the case, but trust issues with online sites are not at an all time high.

Forgive me for being an American, but in America, when someone has an account frozen by a bank or any other type of financial institution, or if they've been accused of a crime, they have the right to disclosure. They have the right to review the charges against them.

Granted , you have not leveled any accusations against me. As I stated before, I have done nothing wrong, but I'm in America and you are not. I have no idea how you conduct your business, nor what constitutes a fair and unbiased investigation in your eyes.

I have been an online poker player for a very long time. I want online poker to be the best that it can be. I would hope that if I were ever to be scammed , that you would be as diligent as you have shown yourself to be in this situation. I'm just afraid that you may decide I'm a bad guy and that will be that and you will allow me no way of proving otherwise.

I cannot imagine what you information you could possibly have that would indicate any wrong doing on my part. I try and live my life with truth and honor. I'm not the nicest chatter.. I swear and I get pissed, but I'm not a cheater.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the nicest chatter.. I swear and I get pissed, but I'm not a cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they cracking down hard on chat abusers?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what I said. If you read it I stated the customer service was poor. But thats it. The fact that it is $47K makes no difference to me. Does that mean sillysal has done nothing wrong?

And $1k to some people means a lot more that $47K to someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that you are minimizing the situation. Its not merely "poor customer service." Failing to refill my coke at lunch is "poor customer service." Freezing an account with $47,000 for weeks on end with vague explanations is like something out of Kafka.

And yes, the amount matters to me. I'm sure that Full Tilt has made a (censored) load of rake off this person and can move a lot faster.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 PM

Have we heard anything from FTPDoug or FTPSean recently concerning this matter? I would love to hear from one of them with an update.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the nicest chatter.. I swear and I get pissed, but I'm not a cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they cracking down hard on chat abusers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol 47k berateaments
Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 PM

WOW. Time after time you read these threads and it's always in regards to the same few sites. For FT to say "if you are innocent, then you have nothing to worry about" is a ridiculous statement. They have had OP's money tied up now for over three weeks and from what I have seen of these investigations by FT in the past, if they decide OP is guilty there is no way she can refute the allegations. FT's word on these matters is final, whether OP is innocent or guilty. So how can she not be worried??????

I am suprised any of the other Higher Stakes players would leave any money on that site at all.

I know it has been said sooooo many times, but you do not see such threads in regards to PokerStars. I guess that says it all.

Very best of luck Sal.