Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:25 PM

Default POSTING IN THIS FORUM (new posters....please read before posting)

It seems that lately there are a lot of posts that really do not belong in this forum.

ive moved 5 today and that is rather surprising.

so, if you are unsure of where to post or whether to post in the Higher Stakes Limit Forum, please consider the following:

high stakes is specifically for strategy discussion about hands and theory. furhter, this forum is for discussion of more advanced high limit hands and theory.

simple 30/60 hands should not go here despite being 30/60.

bad beat posts of ANY kind just do not go here.

general questions about game structure or similar topics do not go here.

rumors or questions about high limit players do not go here.

questions about "is my VPIP too low" or posts that whine about bad beats or simple hands do not go here.

there is a GENERAL texas holdem forum for a reason. same goes for News Views and Gossip. same for Brags Beats and Variance.

Please keep this forum in the shape we'd all like to to be. Thank you for taking the time to read these guidelines.

-Barron
Old 04-14-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: POSTING IN THIS FORUM (new posters....please read before posting)

"simple 30/60 hands should not go here despite being 30/60."

no 30-60 hands should go here! this is high stakes. 30-60 is NOT high stakes. there are plenty of "simple" hands posted on here and some of them are high stakes (2-4, 3-6, whatever) simple is a very subjective term. saying "this hand or game played like a high stakes game" is ridiculous. you guys are botching this site when you say stuff like this.

the division is by stakes, not by perceived complexity of the problem. draw the line. just say no hands below 60-120 or 1-2 in here and no hands below 10-20 in the mid stakes and everything will be much more clear. as it is now it doesnt really make sense that the forums were divided.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:08 PM

i agree.
high stakes should something around 75/150 and up. simple.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:12 PM

I think that since so many 1-2 PP regulars play 50-100 PP also, that 50-100 should be included. 50-100 is high enuff to make the cut, IMO.

TSP
Old 04-14-2006, 06:34 PM

i think there are 2 conflicting interests here. 1 is that this is the high limit board and it should include only high (enough) limit hands. 2 is that this board has very little traffic, whereas the medium limit forum is a great board right now but might get overloaded if 30/60 hands go there. not sure what your main interest is here. but if you want to cut 30/60 i vote that 50/100 should be included for the reason TSP noted
Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 PM

what REALLY needs to happen is there needs to be a seperate forum for mid to high stakes LIVE poker hands, anything 15-30 and up played in a live cardroom. we all know that the differences in live play vs. online are vast and dramatic. and a few of us play mostly live and want to talk about tells, and player types, and things relating to live poker hands.

so who's going to lobby for that?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"simple 30/60 hands should not go here despite being 30/60."

no 30-60 hands should go here! this is high stakes. 30-60 is NOT high stakes. there are plenty of "simple" hands posted on here and some of them are high stakes (2-4, 3-6, whatever) simple is a very subjective term. saying "this hand or game played like a high stakes game" is ridiculous. you guys are botching this site when you say stuff like this.

the division is by stakes, not by perceived complexity of the problem. draw the line. just say no hands below 60-120 or 1-2 in here and no hands below 10-20 in the mid stakes and everything will be much more clear. as it is now it doesnt really make sense that the forums were divided.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant to make this a sticky/LOCKED post but apparantly missed that part.

30/60 does go here but the simple "do i call the river in a ginormous pot w/ a good hand" is just so obvious that it doesn't belong. for the most part 30/60 being included was decided a while ago and as you notice, we get mostly 50/100 and up. further, we dont want to overload the medium forum as josh eluded to.

so this forum will continue to be the place to post 30/60 hands and up even though i agree 100% that they are not "high stakes."

further, i agree a live forum would be nice, but live reads are a different class of information than online stats/hand histories etc. therefore, they are grouped in with the appropriate stakes.

thanks for you input mike and please continue to post on this board.

Barron
Closed Thread