Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 01:01 AM

Default 25NL - KQo on BB

This is a hand from my archives. 10 hands in at table. The only read I have on the villain is that he voluntarily put money in on two hands up to this point. Both hands he raised preflop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($26.55)
Hero ($12.85)
UTG ($12.65)
MP ($29.15)
CO ($18.70)
Button ($21.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $1.75.

Turn: ($7.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9.6</font>, SB calls $3.60.

River: ($26.70) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $26.70
Old 11-25-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL - KQo on BB

I think this hand was butchered because of not raising preflop. As played the turn is a fold. Anyone leading out that strong after calling your flop raise is probably not on a draw and if their VPIP/PFR is 20% to this point, I'm not continuing on this turn.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:08 AM

sorry didn't see your stack size. I probably play it the same thinking QT or QJ will put you to the test here often enough.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 AM

reload pf. you should always have a full stack, otherwise you are leaving value from your good hands on the table

as played fold the turn, he is not getting raised and betting out again with a hand that doesnt beat yours
Old 11-25-2007, 01:32 AM

You're effectively getting almost 2:1 on the turn with TP2K versus a relative unknown who may have you on a suspected draw after the smallish flop raise. He also may have figured that he's showing down his Qx versus the short stack so he might as well bet, since you're only likely to check the turn with hands that do not beat Qx.

The size of Villain's turn bet does seem a little discouraging to me, and I also kind of wish he'd made that bet on a donk-standard "scare" card such as the board-pairing 2h. You're also in a spot where you're paying more money to showdown relative to the size of the pot on the flop than is probably ideal. But folding doesn't seem ideal either, and the flop bet invites you to try to get HU on this drawish board.

So it seems fine to me.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 AM

His flop call of your almost mini-raise gave you all the info you need. You basically folded out every hand you beat and kept only hands that beat you.

Shut down and get into check/call mode after he calls your 3 bet.

My preferred line here in an unraised pot is call his flop bet, call reasonable turn and river bets and do not play for stacks.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His flop call of your almost mini-raise gave you all the info you need. You basically folded out every hand you beat and kept only hands that beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

People isnt folding straight or flush draws to that raise. Doubt they fold QJ aswell. I think the raise is fine, should prolly make it bigger, we need to thin the field on this board since it contains a few draws.