Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 AM

Default A very weird AK hand deep

Please make note of stack sizes. Both villains are solid regulars. UTG is 21/17, SB is 25/21. I have been more loose and aggressive than usual tonight, but not overly so. Comments on all actions appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $2,705
Hero (MP): $2,032.35
CO: $110
BTN: $2,688
SB: $1,972
BB: $1,022

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $35</font>, Hero calls $35, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $150</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $115, Hero calls $115

Flop: ($460) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero fires a bluff of $380</font>
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: A very weird AK hand deep

I think I like checking better, holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 02:33 AM

I thought holding the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is all the more reason to bluff, since it makes it more unlikely we're going to be semi-bluff check-raised.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 AM

I like it. I think it's pretty rare that either of these players checks a big hand on this draw heavy board multiway, and the size of your bet combined with the stack depth and the fact that they're OOP makes it tough for them to continue with anything marginal
Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought holding the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is all the more reason to bluff, since it makes it more unlikely we're going to be semi-bluff check-raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one will do this deep though.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 AM

4bet PF your hand is massively underrepped and there is a ton of dead money in the pot, UTG prob isnt slowplaying AA, KK knowing you have good odds+you're deep so SB is only guy you're worried about and he runs 25/21 so there is a good chance he is squeezing.

In addition, your play looks like a re-squeeze on him because you flatted initially so he might call you light + you have position on both players. Since it's deep being able to get in this 4bet pushes your equity edge which you aren't usually able to do with 200bb PF.

I like the flop bet, SB prob isn't checking a big hand with the draws out there and if UTG hit he would probably bet as SB gave up the initiative and he can't assume you will do the betting for him. Good spot for a ninja.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one will do this deep though.

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you think that? The stack-to-pot ratio is perfect for it.

[ QUOTE ]
4bet PF your hand is massively underrepped and there is a ton of dead money in the pot, UTG prob isnt slowplaying AA, KK knowing you have good odds+you're deep so SB is only guy you're worried about and he runs 25/21 so there is a good chance he is squeezing.

In addition, your play looks like a re-squeeze on him because you flatted initially so he might call you light + you have position on both players. Since it's deep being able to get in this 4bet pushes your equity edge which you aren't usually able to do with 200bb PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're not giving him enough credit PF and too much credit as a player. I think the fact that he's in the SB (and thus OOP) as opposed to in the CO or BTN, he's range is squeezing range is probably a lot smaller. Admittedly this positional awareness DOES varies a ton from player to player.

I honestly doubt that he's stacking off with less than KK or AA. Maybe he'd flat-call JJ or QQ? Hard to say without significant history with him. Although I suppose that means I should try bluffing here a decent amount of the time.