Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

I think it should have been mentioned that real people drive the internet campaigns and real people only latch on to strong, real ideas, something that the mainstream candidates simply don't have. They are too concerned about maintaining the status quo and will never have internet support because of that. Broadcasting a message of "status quo" isn't required.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 AM

Ya, I think Taco John didn't really know how to get that across politely, without flat out saying "our message is actually sincere" or something like that. But I was thinking the same thing.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:29 PM

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16685996

Tucker interview with NPR about Ron Paul. Perhaps a preview of Tucker's upcoming article. I like the part where he thinks that the Ron Paul supporters are the "best educated supporters of any candidate". =)
Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has been briefly mentioned in this thread, but what's with the campaign always sending out e-mails for delegates? Are they planning on flooding every state with Paul-supporting delegates and then voting for Paul no matter what? I don't understand how it works - is it like the electoral college?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its somewhat like that. My girlfriend is petitioning to be a delegate in TN, but I don't quite understand everything. Apparently you need so many delegates per state to actually get the nomination despite the primary votes.

per wiki:
Depending on state law, when voters cast ballots for a candidate in a presidential caucus or primary, they may be actually voting to award delegates "bound" to that candidate in the national convention. [1] The rules for the awarding of delegates vary from party to party, state to state, and election to election. Not all delegates are selected by primaries and caucuses—both of the two largest parties (Democratic and Republican) have provisions for "superdelegates" chosen outside the primary system.

If no candidate wins a majority of delegates for a particular party during the primary season, that party's nominee is chosen by their convention. This method of nominee selection has not occurred since 1976, when incumbent president Gerald Ford narrowly defeated Ronald Reagan.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16685996

Tucker interview with NPR about Ron Paul. Perhaps a preview of Tucker's upcoming article. I like the part where he thinks that the Ron Paul supporters are the "best educated supporters of any candidate". =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha that clip made me smile. I love the stuff at the end about riding in the van and RP eating the food his supporters give him. I really love Ron Paul.

The thing Tucker said about many RP supporters probably not having fully thought through the idea that there will be no govt safety net and that this is actually what RP supports, and that they might not be RP supporters if they realized this, made me cringe. I don't get why Tucker occasionally slings odd nonsense like that. He probably just actually believes that's the case. And I guess maybe it is the case, for some of his fringe support such as 911 truth etc., but it in no way is true of the "typical" RP supporter. But altogether Tucker is extremely fair to RP, for a MSMer. It was a nice clip.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM

I don't fully understand the delegate process but I applied to become a Precinct Committeeman here in AZ.

I think that the voters have a say in the primary as long as there is a majority in my state. If there is no majority, then I think it gets a little loopy.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyTu_Wgse0

Ron Paul on Fox and Friends this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iFfAvM6jc

Ron Paul story on CNN.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Bodog Prop! - Max bet = 50

Bet On: Will the Ron Paul Tea Party 2007 receive more than 100,000 pledges by the end of December 16, 2007?

Yes
+500

No

Proceeds of course should be used in a blimp project. +500 is pretty good. Put down $50, it pays out $250. Go tell everyone you know to sign up at teaparty, and take this bet. Use $100 from your $250 in winnings to actually pay the RP campaign. Self fulfilling prophecy, BooYAH!

Max
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM

I think we need the "Dude....wait, what?" LOL cat here.

edit: Nice edit. Makes me look like the dumb one.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM

What do they mean by pledges? Is that subscribers to the Tea Party site or number of donations on the 16th?