Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

not a problem...just IMO, thinking that $100 is going to influence someone to lose weight is not reasonable.

This isn't OA, or Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers or anything. This is me making a prop bet to motivate some guys who I think will enjoy life more if they lost a large chunk of weight.

Sponsor someone, sign up to lose yourself or stop posting in the thread. Talking about government subsidies for fruit cups in this thread is a retarded derail.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i would love to see some kind of tax or subsidy that would make it cheaper to buy soup, a salad or fruit than to buy a big mac.

i would also like to see restaurant food come in smaller portions, or come with a doggy bag already prepared, instead of encouraging us to eat 2-4 times a normal meal at one sitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Unfortunately, with direction things have been headed in, this may well happen in a few years. Good luck to you and compatriots in your never-ending struggle to take every ounce of fun and enjoyment out of life.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:22 AM

well, i was trying to come up with a way to sponsor people in a way that might be more effective than cash, but it appears that the thread isn't open to any questions on how to accomplish things, so i will just put up a $20 prize for up to five people who lose weight each week for the time of the contest with no more than one setback.

pm me with your results each week if you wish to participate.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:23 AM

25, 6'0", 280-300lbs - I haven't bothered to use a scale in a while, currently getting no exercise of any sorts. Definately need to get on track with that. I am going to be 25 on Thursday. My old man passed away coming up on 4 years ago in Sept. at age 53 (shared a bday), and my grandfather didn't live a long life either. Next year, could be the halwaypoint in my life, and it sounds weird to say it, but it's the truth. I really don't want to end up in that position. A friend of mine has offered to go to the gym, and another friend is a personal trainer who owns his own gym, the resources are there, I just haven't taken them up on it.

Here is a picture from the summer:

I can produce recent pictures if necessary .. I don't have a camera phone/digital camera or a scale, but can get access to each of them.

This is my application for sponsorship.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:25 AM

Bison,
Any side action on one of your fatties actually gaining weight during the year?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 AM

Hey all, excellent idea bison. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to offer a matching pledge, but as someone who knows a lot about fitness and general health, I'm willing to answer anyone's questions via PM or whatever. While I think the monetary incentive is nice as it spurs motivation, true lasting weight loss is unlikely to come from anywhere else but within. As I'm almost done with school, I'd be willing to take on the role as someone's "fitness consultant" if they could help me along with my NL game, where I would help you plan workouts, diet plans, and provide motivation. Send me a PM if interested. Best of luck to everyone involved - making the commitment to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle will be the best decision you'll ever make by far.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:45 AM

5'9" 218lbs. 25 yrs old. I'm still pretty athletic, just way out of shape. 180 is probably a good weight for me. I'm getting married in late August.

Will you take me on, bisonbison, even though I thought you weren't funny ONCE?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 5'11, 245 lbs, 19.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your age is like the only reason to consider you. 245 means you don't even need to drop a hundy but 19 is [censored] young to be 245.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad part is I used to be 265 in january

[/ QUOTE ]

@20 i went from 265 to 180 in 3.5 months. @22 i went from 185>230 in 6. Damn free sodas at work.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's nuts. How do you lose 85 lbs in 3 months? Did you fast for a [censored] month?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:05 AM

Bison,

I have only about 40 lbs to lose, and have it in hand, so won't come near to qualifying for this. I just wanted to give you a compliment for your nice gesture.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:02 AM

Good luck guys. I went through the same [censored] earlier. It'll suck at times, but it's worth it in the end.