Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Default The Greatest Day of My Life (TR w/pics)

Old friends of OOT,

This is the story, mostly in picture form, of a moment of my life that took months of planning, and perfect execution by many different people. The fact that it went so smoothly is a tribute to my training, and the Jacksonville Jaguars organization.

Sometime before the season started I was contacted by a guy from the Jags organization, asking me if I could arrange a flyover of one of their games. Yes I could, but he'd have to help me do something I've been waiting a long time to do (no spoilers yet). He had to ask permission from several people, and ended up going all the way to the team's owner during a meeting, telling him what I want to do, and the guy ended up waiving a long standing Jags policy to allow this to happen:

The National Anthem ends, and I nailed the flyover (I'm in the lead jet, its my job to arrive overhead right on the last note) coming overhead plus or minus 1 second. The coolest part about the actual flyby was the fact that, as shown in this picture, I could actually see myself from my jet, in the jumbotron:

Then we landed, jumped into our cars, drove to the stadium and parked in the Player's Parking Lot. Parked my sexy little 2000 Accord next to a Bentley. Walked into the stadium and got our credentials. In flight suits, with credentials, it was surprisingly easy to walk onto the field. 3rd Quarter rolls around and they drag us onto the field and say a few words in recognition of the flyby. I'm on the far right:

50,000 people getting louder than they have all game for you is a good feeling.

My girlfriend was on the field to "take pictures", along with my Skipper's wife. The PA system guy says "oh what's this, what's that guy on the end doing?" as I walk over towards GF, legs shaking a bit, only mildly aware of 50K people staring at me:

The crowd goes absolutely insane, and then suddenly very quite as the GF is in shock and hasn't responded yet. Then when we hug, they go [censored] nuts. Loudest I've ever heard at any sporting event:

We get interviewed by several people, find out later we were on TV for the game broadcast, and were picked up by a few national media outlets:

Took some publicity photos afterwards, I invited them all to my bachelor party, I have recieved 0 RSVP, which is surprising considering that 10 of them minimum were strippers or worse:

It seemed like everybody in the stadium wanted to personally congratulate us, and the walk to the car was impossible. Everybody was incredibly warm, kind, and constantly thanking me for my service, which is always a nice feeling. Several players came over to shake my hand, but that really wasn't that amazing because not many of them were recognizable, I'm sure the 1st string guys were busy. Playing.

Obviously an incredibly unique and memorable experience that only comes through an already incredibly rewarding career in Naval Aviation. Every day, especially when things aren't great, I get to say "holy [censored], I'm doing something every 5 year old boy would kill for," and then days like this come along and widen the smile of a child in a grown-ups body. Fortunately, I've got the right girl to share my dreams with.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: The Greatest Day of My Life (TR w/pics)

wrong forum, ban

srsly though congrats, looks fantastic

grats dude, sick execution

also shes hot

NH, sir. Congrats!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum, ban

srsly though congrats, looks fantastic

[/ QUOTE ]

he means your future wife looks fantastic
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM

Wow, awesome. Congrats man!

Edit to add: From the Tales of Revenge thread a few days ago:

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first started posting on 2p2 a few years ago, JIHAD made one of the best trip reports ever in the history of time. I remember this thread only b/c I thought it had to be [censored] and nobody could ever do this, but after I met him irl in vegas, it was obvious this tale was true.

Here is teh link:

(link)

BEST TR EVER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, I remember reading this TR. He got a lot of [censored] for it, but I thought it was glorious. Jihad did a lot of borderline stuff, but I liked him and hope he comes back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha welcome back, duder.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Wow, awesome. Congrats.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Congrats! Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 PM

If you'd done it again yesterday they might have won.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Well this almost tops your open-handed bitchslap at Home Depot TR.

But seriously, awesome [censored] story and congrats.