Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Should I CB? A Quiz.

1:c-bet

2:c-bet

3:c-bet

4:c-bet

5:dont c-bet - The flop probably didnt hit Villains but he is very likely not to believe it hit you either and float you. I would take the free card here. we have a gutshot to the nuts.

6: dont c-bet - very wet board. This is a perfect board for villain to check raise his draw.

7: c-bet

8: dont c-bet - Dont bet into two unknown players OOP.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 PM

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, bet the turn if checked to.
4. Yes, and 3 bet all in if raised.
5. Default is yes especially if i just sat down, if my image is bad I always take one off here.
6. No
7. No, but I will bet a safe turn and possibly call a turn bet, depending on my feel at the the time.
8. I flip a coin on this one..
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 PM

Grunching.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And I probably double-barrel a good portion of the time unless I spike an A.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and double-barrel a lot. He can't call 2 streets without a queen, really. If villain is a show-down monkey I'll give up after the CB, and/or if it's a loose-passive
I'll check a turned Ace.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll only cb if I know villain is likely to have broadway cards and will nearly always fold a K.

Otherwise I check here and call a turn bet, and re-eval the river.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough one. If you bet here, I think you need to 2-barrel a lot because checking behind on the turn is rather obvious, and villain will bluff the river a lot with busted draws (and you can't really call).

Checking is nice because you get a free card that might stack the villain (hearts that make a straight), and you don't need to protect your hand. But I like betting because you can probably 4-bet fearlessly if he c/rs, or call very profitably in position to try and hit your draw.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet. You have great fold equity vs. tons of no-pair-no-draw hands that are better than yours, and your draw is pretty weak anyway. If your draw were open-ended checking would be more attractive because being c/red off of it sucks a lot more.

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Check! Better hands rarely fold (most Js have some draw too). Worse hands always fold. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draws never fold but you can't really extract from them very well on the turn or river. You don't want to be check-raised here because you probably have significant equity.

Bet the turn if you hit or a blank falls and he checks.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Button calls $2, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet. You're kind of bluffing, but in reality you really want him to fold all kinds of junky hands that contain one [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 folds, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 2 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet. Good spot for a semi-bluff. Fold equity is high vs. 22-99 (excluding 77 obv), you have 10 outs vs. a J or T.

I double-barrel here a lot because of the flush draw.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:50 PM

Didn't see hand 8 was 3-ways (oops). Probably check that one
Old 12-06-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 folds, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 2 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet. Good spot for a semi-bluff. Fold equity is high vs. 22-99 (excluding 77 obv), you have 10 outs vs. a J or T.

I double-barrel here a lot because of the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't see that this was 3-ways. Changes my answer to check.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's a full-ring thing; at FR they seem less likely to call SB with just broadway, so I'd put my chances of being ahead and pushing them out with a c-bet at very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're ahead, remind me again why you want to push them out?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Your hand isn't as strong as it may appear. What worse hand will call? This hand has the potential for reverse implied odds to kick your ass."
-- 4_2_it, December 6, 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

That is SO not what Frank means about reverse implied odds.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why is H6 a check though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand isn't as strong as it may appear. What worse hand will call? This hand has the potential for reverse implied odds to kick your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree - i agree that we can't bet for value here because no calling hand will be worse but i think the main reason that we check, rather than try to take it down on the flop, is because we can't stand the heat of a check raise, and folding to a c/r wastes a good draw. This latter point is more important, IMV.

On the other hand, on this point i seem to disagree with Pokey, and when that happens, I'm rarely right...
Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 AM

H1: Sometimes. We have reasonable showdown value. If I had something like 67s here I'd always cbet.

H2: Yes. (Though thinking villains could c/r with air here a lot)

H3: Sometimes. we're rarely folding out a better hand. On the other hand if we have the best hand, it'd be nice to take it down now.

H4: Yes, this is for value.Call or re-raise a raise.

H5: Yes. We have no showdown value and flop is unlikely to have hit anyone.

H6: No. We've a nice hand but it can't really stand a raise. We have showdown value and can call a turn bet. Great hand to check behind.

H7: No. We have showdown value, but hand isn't that strong.

H8: No, flop could of easily have hit someone. We have showdown value. A free card would be nice.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 AM

H1: Easy CB with the K
H2: Paired board =&gt; No CB on the flop, delayed CB on turn
H3: A-flop =&gt; CB
H4: extreme low cards =&gt; No CB on the flop, delayed CB on turn
H5: both Villains may have missed =&gt; CB
H6: pair + draw =&gt; CB
H7: only 1 overcard =&gt; CB
H8: 2 Villains and J+T on the flop =&gt; No CB
Old 12-07-2006, 09:00 AM

Thanks Aj for doing this.

All answers asume villans aren't rampant calling stations.

H1. HU in position with Kxx flop that looks like it hit us and missed villan. Bet.

H2. HU IP and paired board - looks may have hit us and villan will fold most non-queen hands (only 5 cards hit the board). Bet.

H3. HU IP again, and villans always put PFR on AK,no fdraws too. Easy cbet.

H4: 3way NFR+2 overs though str8 board - I'm betting for value and define my hand and may take it down now or possibly b3b (though this may be spewy). Alternatively I may be able to check turn behind for free card/pot control if I hit A/K and/or suspect villan is slowplaying a str8/set Bet.

H5: I check IP 3way I want to see a nice turn card -club or 4 to continue, not really enough outs currently to semi-bluff/cbet and 3way. Also, PPs will likely call me on this flop. Check

H6: Tough one - I'm not sure -board really co-ordinated but we do have bottom pair+OESD although 1card draw and obvious.
HU I probably check behind keep the pot small (and avoid chk/raise) and see if we improve. Villan likely hit this board with any broadwayish hand unless he had a small PP/SC Check

H7: 3way OOP on monotone flop Check this but i'll probably bet it if I had the Jspades. Check occasionally chk/raise a BTN bet that looks stealy.

H8: 3way OOP on co-ordinated board(2tone jt et 7xxt) -easy check. Draws may check through(more likely CO/BTN to have Scs) for giving us a free chance at a Q/A/K.Check