Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Default this one was @#$%^&ed...25/50 set on a one card straight board...

Villian in the hand is chsgoldy, a 24/15/1.5 regular winner. This one was kind of spooky, all around. I'm not even sure if I like my flop bet on the hand, but I am betting this flop with a very wide range so I guess it's not terrible. Here is where the hand gets interesting. He crs. A lot of the time I am just folding this flop and moving on, but with my gutty and the flush draw on board I thought I might be ahead of his range (especially since I have the blockers), so I called. When he checks this turn, I am pretty sure he doesn't have that strong of a hand. However, I can't see any point in betting this turn...anyone disagree.

The river is the most interesting street however. FD misses, I set up, one card straight on board. He checks?? WTF??? Does anyone like a value bet? I bet. Then he CRAI. I can't really see him having 87 here so wtf?

Advice on all streets welcome, the whole hand felt very odd to me, and I was extremely confused when he checked to me on the river.

thanks,
dlpnyc21

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $11693.50
Hero: $5597
CO: $7903
Button: $1581
SB: $8306
BB: $5714.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $175</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($400, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $325</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $950</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2300, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2300, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1400</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $7181</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero???????????