Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: xorbie
Exactly what I expected 5 20.00%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.00%
Kinda what I expected 5 20.00%
Not really what I expected 6 24.00%
Definitely not what I expected 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

[ QUOTE ]
I believe we need to identify the Republican party as the enemy. I would like to see us become to the Democratic Party as the NRA is to the Republican Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we've essentially done that. My OP is where our primary votes are best served.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 PM

The NRA has a constitutional amendment (the right to bear arms) on which to lean. While I certainly think online gambling is a right to which all American citizens over the age of 18 ought to be allowed to partake in if they so choose, there is not an amendment that SPECIFICALLY says we do. Who knows maybe the PPA can become a large lobby in the same vain as the NRA, the oil companies, health care companies, unions, etc., but there is a LONG, LONG, LONG way to go.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe we need to identify the Republican party as the enemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and shut out the one constitutionalist running on either side.

Not bright........EDIT: grr!

You clearly don't get it.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly don't get the realities of the two-party system and that Ron Paul makes zero difference in the American political system. By being associated with him, its marginalizes us. We should be actively courting the support of someone who has a chance of winning. Not someone with all the influence of the grass-roots party.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly don't get the realities of the two-party system and that Ron Paul makes zero difference in the American political system. By being associated with him, its marginalizes us. We should be actively courting the support of someone who has a chance of winning. Not someone with all the influence of the grass-roots party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, we're looking for suggestions on what to not, not on what not to do. And I don't believe "hate Republicans" is a strategy in and of itself. Who should we support? How do we gain their support?

No offense, but anyone can run their mouth. You say we don't get the realities of the American political system. Please impress us with your immense knowledge.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 PM

My immense knowledge says that any interest group worth a grain of salt would not spend one second supporting or encouraging their members to support a fringe candidate.

My immense knowledge says that an interest group that really wants to get a law changed or regulations weakened would get behind candidates who have a chance to win and change the law.

I don't want the PPA to become the LPP (Libertarian Poker Players).

And I didn't say you don't understand the realities of the American Political System, I said Coy Roy didn't. He's worked up in a lather about the freaking Federal Reserve system and its 2007.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been deceived by the "notion" of a 2 party system when in reality, at the presidential level, it's really just a "club" of globalists taking their orders from huge corporations.

Ron Paul would break the cycle.

Because this is about far more than just online poker.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My immense knowledge says that any interest group worth a grain of salt would not spend one second supporting or encouraging their members to support a fringe candidate.

My immense knowledge says that an interest group that really wants to get a law changed or regulations weakened would get behind candidates who have a chance to win and change the law.

I don't want the PPA to become the LPP (Libertarian Poker Players).

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it seems all you can do is tell us what NOT to do. Which candidate do we support? How do we gain their support? What's your plan?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM

Roy, It's not about more than online poker to me. I hope to God the PPA locks tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy freaks like you in the closet.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roy, It's not about more than online poker to me. I hope to God the PPA locks tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy freaks like you in the closet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're just going to rudely criticize without offering positive suggestions, I'll have to ask you to start your own thread, where you can bitch to your heart's content, because you're doing nothing more than flaming this one.

Cheers and goodbye.