Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: A Female President: Is America ready?

If Dems want to win for sure it would be Gore/Obama 2008
But Obama/Clark or Obama/Bayh or Obama/Warner would probably be good to.

Hillary is FUBAR if she wins. Thompson will beat her.

I think most of america is reayd to move past the Bush/Clinton dynastys. Knowing the Dem party though..thye will choose Hillary as their nominee.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:03 PM

A bit OT, but if Obama gets the nomination,he'll get my vote. Not cause I know anything about him, but because he doesn't seem to bad and isn't a repub. Also, can anyone forward me good info on Obama's poly views, sinc i will prolly end up voting for him?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Yup. Hillary will do more for the Republican turn-out than anything but another war possibly could.

I also think Hillary will be the most likely candidate. But she'll almost certainly lose. Really, the election is the Republicans' to lose this time. Only if they really mess it up will they not get elected.

The Democratic party has done too little to groom anyone but Hillary. The Republicans have been grooming Giuliani for a long time, and of course the perennial McCain is there to fall back on. I don't see either losing to Hillary. Probably even Fred Thompson has good odds against her. The Democratic side has no depth at all in their candidates when it comes to established public perception. Obama's out because he's black, Hillary's out because she's both a woman AND because she's Hillary, and their fallback plan is ... Edwards? Most people don't know anything about him. He certainly has gathered no gravitas thus far. He's not even old and gruff, unlike Fred Thompson. He's pretty, for gawdsakes. Electing him would be like electing Orlando Bloom. The Dems are pretty much forced to pick Hillary, who is a guaranteed loss.

/election for Dems
Old 06-13-2007, 04:06 PM

The Republicans do not fear Obama. They do fear Hilary.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

/election for Dems

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and that's weird, because Dubya has no juice at all left with the Republicans. His endorsement as outgoing two-termer is like the kiss of death. I can't think of a faction of the right he hasn't [censored] on.

But at the same time the Repubs are golden compared to the Democrats. As you say, if they'd done anything but sit back and watch the clock waiting for Hilary's turn to come around, they might have a shot. They seriously misjudged the extent of Hilary hate/fear in this country imo.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:28 PM

Yup. I have heard some folks saying she's thought to "deserve" the nomination. But whether that's true or not, or why, doesn't really matter. Giving her her just desserts, if that's what this is partially about, doesn't have anything to do with winning elections.

The Dems just seem to be totally at a loss as to what to do in practical terms.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM

This whole debate is moot. As some of you know, and europe too, with the electoral college, our votes don't really matter, unless, you live in Ohio.

The mathematics of the electoral college, plus the fact that just about every state in the union have elected the same way for the past two hundred years, makes Ohio the only state that matters.

But as we have learned in the 2000 election, if one of the presidents can "force" a state to flip flop (florida), then we would not have to worry about Ohio's opinion. Oh, by the way, Ohio did vote Republican in 2000, and probably voted dem in 2004, but that state was probably stolen as well. Looks less suspicious in the end, so, officially, it voted republican.

So the question is..... Is Ohio ready for a female President?

no.

The Republican opinion probably has little to about Hillary's appeal.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Dems just seem to be totally at a loss as to what to do in practical terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which opens the door very wide for that white knight in shiny armor to swoop in after all the mudslinging and save the day for the dems. Go Gore!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:38 PM

I think the dems are really expecting Al Gore to run - if he does, I'll probably switch my vote from Rudy to Gore.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:58 PM

republicans dont fear anyone on dem ticket,BC america isnt ready to elect a woman or a black man, majority of men will not vote for hilary, and a majority of everyone will not vote for a black guy with the middle name of hussein.