Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
DD. I didnt play there very long but I quit for the exact same reason you did. Being a break even player or -1/100 loser and making the same as I would elsewhere being a 1/100 winner is not even close to the same mentally. Way easier to put in hands when you can outplay people and feel good about your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I'm going with the get outplayed and run hotter than the sun treatment currently.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Wombat, why you give up at WPEX? Bust out?

[/ QUOTE ]

A few reasons...concern about bots, lack of game selection, losing (mostly losing). Lifetime on wpex I beat 10/20 and 20/40 for a handy clip and got slaughtered at 5/10 and 30/60 and up which I don't really have an explanation for. With my rakeback I still did fairly well of course but I made a decision that playing 25k hands and breaking even with extremely large swings in both directions and then getting a fat rakeback payment was not worth the stress and mental anxiety I underwent during those huge swings. I think playing with such a low edge and with the frustrating style of some of the players on wpex was causing me to tilt easier and just add stress to my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the mental aspect of wpx is often overlooked, so i am glad you brought it up. the bottom line is to make money, but that often is not enough. i know several people who simply cannot stand to look at PokerTracker and see red numbers, regardless of whether or not they are actually earning money.

also, the players are much more aggro than at other sites. this does not mean that they are better by any stretch, but the beats that they dish out are phenomenally retarded and can be super frustrating.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:01 AM

I've played roughly 47000 hands at WPEX since the start of the year. I'm only up a little bit from play, but I'm up nicely overall due to rakeback. I'm still down ~200BBs at 5/10 over 31500 hands, and I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to subject myself to that hell long enough to climb out of it. Frankly, I think I'd rather jerk-off with a cheese grater. I know I've been running pretty obscenely, but maybe I don't have as big of an expectation as I thought (I figured 1-1.5 overall). Either way, seeing the big streaks of red and the piss poor winrate can be soul crushing, but you get used to it. As long as I make money, I'll live.

FWIW, I play as rogueshadow. I've been pretty inconsistent this year, but lately, I think I've been playing pretty well. Except tonight. I was really spacey tonight and playing pretty bad; kept misreading my hand and the board, etc.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 AM

I heard twayankees say his br was atleast 200k that was a couple of weeks ago but he isnt a very good players.
Da Enigma is prolly the only player who adapted to my style hu, I beated him first time we played hu and he took my buyins after that. That being said I am green in every limit except 2/4 (and 10/20 fullring) at wpex. I think most money comes from people who suddenly join the site(or the high limits) play some days and are gone after that. Lately I only see Nemo_bladen(or something) sitting and sometimes da_enigma nonethereless 20/40+ games are pretty much dead. OOH right before I forget yesterday I played some 10/20 and a player called thanatos or something (huge spazz) was kinda beating me badly but I dont know wheter he is good or just lucky that one session.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 AM

You must be one of the bots then, I did well against them heads up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inferno, you are the only person I've heard who is beating the 5/10 so congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-05-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must be one of the bots then, I did well against them heads up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inferno, you are the only person I've heard who is beating the 5/10 so congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 is the only limit I can beat on there consistently.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Few more, what do you guys think of:

doperoper
deetleman (or something close)
precision auto
bluffcall
Old 06-05-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Few more, what do you guys think of:

doperoper
deetleman (or something close)
precision auto
bluffcall

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played there much lately, but from what I saw several months ago.

doperoper - thought he was pretty straight-forward to play against.

deetlman - few notes on him, lag who doesn't seem to believe you when you have a hand.

precision - made a comment in chat aluding to be a well known 2+2er, pretty good, very agressive.

bluffcall - don't think I've played them.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:34 PM

precisions definitely good, i usually dont sit at his six max tables unless theres one or 2 known idiots, i assumed he was 2p2 or atleast lurked but didnt think hed be a well known one playing 3/6 - 5/T
Old 06-05-2007, 12:36 PM

precision_auto and doperoper have their share to make trashtalk comments in chat and are both prolly 2p2 (I know precision_auto is 2p2 for sure)