Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Default NLO8

Played a little lower limit NLO8 on FT yesterday and not sure about this game. At the table I was at($25 max buy in)there were a few guys who were pushing All In every 3 hands or so PF. Is this game worth playing? I much prefer PLO8 because you can play postflop but with NLO8 I'm not sure how to approach it if at all. Is this a typical lower limit table?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: NLO8

I think davebreal commented on this in his Well and said that NL08 wiped out post flop play.

I loaded up a table by accident the other day. Went to pot the flop and was surprised that the slide bar just kept going. Just ended up making a pot-sized bet, won the hand and waited for the BB to come back around while I watched guys push repeately. Not sure if it was a typical NL08 game, but it seemed to be fairly crazy (even compared to NLHE and definitely compared to PLO8).
Old 01-28-2007, 05:27 PM

My sentiments exactly. What is the % of one hand over the other in O8, not a ton so it seems like a total coin toss to me to play this game if players are always pushing.

PS. Maybe it is me or maybe I have been playing LO8 and PLO8 more, but have the online games gotten softer as of late?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:43 PM

There are a lot of close coin tosses but there is money to be made if you pay attention and consistently get it in with the best of it, might contribute to some higher variance at times. I played 40k hands of 1/2 and 2/4 blind PLO8 and NLO8 on Full Tilt in 2006 and it was split 50/50 between PLO8 and NLO8. The NLO8 tables just attracted some of the crazier players and you could shove and get so much action, moreso quartering people off for the maximum w.o. having to really build a pot the whole hand like you would have to in PLO8. I think one of my best advantages in NLO8 was quatering people off for the max and not letting them do that to me.

Amazingly looking back at PTO stats, my stats are identical within a few tenths between NLO8 and PLO8 with the exception of the fact I folded a lot more in the blinds in NLO8 where I saw the flop a little more in PLO8, this is mainly due to the postflop skill mentioned before.