Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 PM

Default LISTEN (Relating to Absolute Cheating Threads)

With all the panic over the steamroller/greycat/doubledragon alleged cheating scandal I wanted to give this statement its own thread.

I've already answered this a few times in various threads, yet links to the ITH article continue popping up in every thread I read. Because of that I'm creating this thread, please link to it every time you see someone post about the ITH artice.

Ok, for the record at this point I am still unsure if I was cheated in the early AM heads up match with Mark well over a year ago. The facts in the article are however true. Mark played with amazing accuracy according to my holdings every single hand after he sat out and came back. The strangest hand that I remember was the following. I had the button with K9h. Preflop he raised, I 3bet with my K9h, and he capped. The flop was K99 and he just open folded. To this day I can't think of a single hand he could have, nor a reason why he would do that.

At this point if I was cheated or not is really irrelevant. Perhaps I was just angry at losing such a large sum which at the time was more than just a micro percentage of my bankroll. I've always thought it was a terrible prop for Mark to play those big games anyway. Afterall if he wins tons then it's rigged for him, if he loses then he loses his money and has to deal with all the trash talking that goes along with it. I don't play much live poker other than some wsop events so I haven't had a chance to really meet Mark, but I would actually like to meet him at some point and apologize to him at least for blatantly accusing him of cheating without a lot more concrete proof other than a few dozen hands played with him. At this point I'm chalking it up to me making a poor overall decision even though it might have been good table selection by playing him. Afterall he may not be a popular person in the poker world but he still is a professional player and should be given some respect for that.

As I said before and I'll say again in this thread... Absolute Poker and UltimateBet have earned my complete trust despite the Seif situation. I have played at these rooms almost every single day for the last two years and have had very good success at both sites. I have NO doubt in my mind that the current issue at hand has "Absolutely" ZERO to do with the management of AP. While it might be true that these new accounts have somehow hacked into the AP system through the brand new and probably relatively untested software version, I don't believe this has anything to do with AP Management and is also completely unrelated to my hu with Seif. I will still continue to play everyday at AP and UB.

Yay my first 2p2 thread, only took me 8 years of playing online poker to accomplish that.

Mike
stuckinpgh
Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: LISTEN (Relating to Absolute Cheating Threads)

Hey Stuckin,

why are you so sure that Seif isn't involved, when you say yourself that

'I am still unsure if I was cheated in the early AM heads up match with Mark well over a year ago.'

Also, I asked you about 9 months ago in AP chat whether you could give me any info on that session, as I had experienced a similar thing with Seif, and you said you weren't willing to discuss it in public, and didn't want to do so over AIM. Why?

Thanks,

D
Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Reportedly what I've heard through some pro playing friends that also are friends with Mark, Seif has profited in the 8 figure range so far with AP. Why would he want to bust all his high limit players with such crazy antics that obv would end up on 2p2. Is a few hundred k worth millions in lost rake when the world thinks his site is rigged?

Also if I'm not mistaken all this mess came post AP software update. If Seif was involved with the superaccount he would have gotten me and others well before this IMO.

I honestly have no idea who you are Dean, and don't recall anyone asking me about that in the big AP games. PM me to chat.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 PM

I think a reasonable explanation is that someone at AP has had this ability to read hole cards for a long time, and used it sparingly and/or just for kicks. Until a few days ago when someone decided to go crazy with it.

Also according to Seif, he's the biggest loser on AP. I think most people's data on him confirms this right?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:24 PM

U dont know if the 8 figure thing is true, and if he's really down 2 mil on the site, then add in taxes, live losses, pit gambling, pride, degeneracy, dislike of opponents etc. and it's really not impossible he would cheat.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:46 PM

I'm pretty sure he meant that mark was up 8 figures because of his business relationship to the site (and not his play) ?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Stuckin, I noticed you playing a lot of 3/6 tables today. Does this have anything to do with the proposed cheating on the site? If so, why not just play high limits on other sites?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 AM

Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 AM

found this guy a mark at the higher games....
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 AM

WTF is your agenda? I agree with you on a lot of points: the whole Seif thing posted in February of 2006 is very suspect and there is no proof of anything. It's entirely possible that you just ran extremely bad for a short period of time. And all of the people going around connecting Mark Seif's name to this cheating scandal are being very irresponsible even if that turns out to be true.

However, to assert that AP has gained your full trust is a joke. You are either an ostrich with head fully implanted in sand or you have an agenda (hint: $$$) by posting that you support AP blah blah and will continue to play there.

Again, I totally understand why you would want to separate the previous incident with Seif from this new and very obvious cheating scandal, but I also believe that playing online poker successfully for eight years likely makes you a non-idiot and only a non-idiot or somebody with a financial interest would continue to fully support AP.

-Michael