Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: NL10 - AQo - TPSK

PF is good, although I would raise more for value and since you are out of position for the hand (something like 0.85 or 0.90).
On the flop, pot sized bet for sure. If he calls that, I probably check call the turn to attempt to control the pot (if he has AK you are way behind although I think he would be more inclined to reraise PF, AJ-A9 you are way ahead). If he checks behind on the turn, I fire a value bet on the river.
As played, there is no way you can fold river. He probably got lucky with A2 or A3 or played A6 or A7 like crap. Meh, next hand.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, pot sized bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]I was thinking about that. I decided to go for this amount, as most (almost all) of my c-bets are half the pot, so with a pot-sized bet, I would give away that I have an ace. Bad reasoning?

Let's say I did a pot-sized bet on the flop. What if he raised me? What if he called my bet on the flop, I check the turn and he makes a big bet?

Thanks a lot.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, pot sized bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]I was thinking about that. I decided to go for this amount, as most (almost all) of my c-bets are half the pot, so with a pot-sized bet, I would give away that I have an ace. Bad reasoning?

Let's say I did a pot-sized bet on the flop. What if he raised me? What if he called my bet on the flop, I check the turn and he makes a big bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should start considering bringing up the size of your c-bets to closer to pot-sized. It's tough to fire that much when you keep whiffing the flops, but you get more value when you do connect (taxing draws more and busting up dominated hands, 2nd pairs, etc).

As far as what to do when raised? I mean, I don't think he has AK here. I just posted a question similar to this, so I really don't know, but if he raises a significant amount and bets a large amount on the turn, I probably just fold. You only have 1 pair. Anyone else care to chime in on this?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as what to do when raised? I mean, I don't think he has AK here. I just posted a question similar to this, so I really don't know, but if he raises a significant amount and bets a large amount on the turn, I probably just fold. You only have 1 pair. Anyone else care to chime in on this?

[/ QUOTE ]Say I bet $2.2 on the flop. He raises to $3.5+, what should I do? Fold now, or check/fold the turn? I don't like the latter, as he might have an OESD, and I'm giving him a free card then.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:34 AM

I 2/3 flop and 3/4 turn in terms of bet sizing, so I'd do that here.

With bad players at 10 NL I don't mind going the whole way here.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 2/3 flop and 3/4 turn in terms of bet sizing, so I'd do that here.

With bad players at 10 NL I don't mind going the whole way here.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks! What if you called turn, check/call or bet on the turn? And why?