Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Default First Post, NL 50, KK 3-way action on flop

Since this is my very first post, I'll give a quick background on myself before I get into the hand. I've been playing online poker for about 2 years - just kind of donking around at the micro-stakes. Started out playing limit, got up to 1/2, played bad and decided to try playing 25NL/PL FR. Did ok there, but read/heard about how fishy 6-max was so I spent some time at 25NL/PL and 50NL/PL 6-handed. Came to the realization that I couldn't open my game up enough or deal well with the variance to be successful long-term at 6-max games.

So, I decided I'd give FR a try again but instead of just playing hand after hand after hand with little to no thought, this time I will set some goals, spend some time studying the game, join 2+2, share some HH's and actually learn how to play and learn how to make correct decisions. As many hands I've played, I've got a LONG way to go.

If everyone hasn't fallen asleep or moved on to another post, on to my first hand post. This is an example of just one area that I've been having trouble with (ok, I leak like a sieve):

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO is 15/3/1.15 over 140 hands
MP1 is 43/20/1.28 over 134 hands

Hero (UTG): $72.85
UTG+1: $125.65
UTG+2: $54.25
MP1: $44.75
MP2: $61.75
CO: $48.15
BTN: $9.25
SB: $35.60
BB: $55.75

Pre-Flop: Kc Ks dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1.75, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($6) 5s 9s 6h (3 Players)
Hero bets $5, MP1 calls $5, CO raises to $15, Hero raises to $30, MP1 raises to $43 and is All-In, CO raises to $46.40 and is All-In, Hero calls $16.40

When CO raised, I put CO on a flush draw or maybe a set. MP1 was so loose he could have anything so I didn't give him much consideration at all (but prolly should have) - figured a draw of some sort. Here's where I got skittish and where I think I screwed up. I didn't want to fold if these guys are on draws, but I didn't want get stacked if against a set, so I thought I'd raise with the plan of folding to an AI RR. So I donk raised (a mistake, if for anything in not taking into consideration how much each villain had behind). When CO went AI and MP1 put himself AI the, pot had become a monster and now I found myself with only needing another $16 into this now large pot so felt compelled to call even though I knew I was likely beat. I did not stop to figure out if I had the proper odds though (need to work on being able to quickly calculate that). Would an AI RR or fold have been better? Can a case be made for just calling CO's raise and CR AI on a safe turn? As you can see, I get totally dazed and confused with these situations, which are probably embarrassingly straight-forward . <font color="blue"> </font>

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!