Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

In 3rd grade, my friends and I made a huge piles of leaves to jump into. We figured it'd be even better if we jumped off of a small step ladder into the leaves. I go first. The ladder kicked out from under me when I jumped, I feel awkwardly and fractured my wrist in two or three places.

In 8th grade, my step brother and I got into a fight with like 3 other kids on the school bus. Not too far into it, my brother and I smashed heads. He knocked one of his front teeth out and cracked the other in half. I had a deep inch long gash or so in the side of my head. As I was trying to clean myself up afterwards, I found the other half of his tooth lodged in my scalp.

In 10th grade, I was riding my bike for fun/exercise. I was on a back road that had a gravel shoulder. Somehow, I fell asleep or blacked out while riding or something because I remembered riding and then a second later I remember sitting on the crossbar while my arms and head were hanging over the handlebars. I started to drift into the road and panicked as a car was coming, so I grabbed the handlebars and cranked the wheel to get off the road. I turned it to far, basically cause the bike to jackknife so I went down in the gravel and skidded for several feet before coming to a stop in the road. I quickly got up and went home. When I got there, I saw my one knee was torn up pretty bad, a hip and shoulder cut open as well, but not as bad as the knee, and worst of all, the side of my forearm was missing all the skin from my elbow to about halfway to my hand, so about 5-6 inches. I was a mess. My step dad said he had something to help my clean up my wounds and got a red bottle. I told him no peroxide and he promised me it wasn't. That's when I learned about iodine. I still have three inch long streaks of asphalt or something in my forearm.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 PM

I got hit directly between the eyes with a golf ball. It popped both lenses out of my sunglasses. I was standing around 30-40 feet from the tee, with the golfer facing me (so hitting it to his left my right)... turns out that guy sucked at golf, shanks the ball off the toe of the club and it dropped me cold. I was young, 12-13ish I think, and it knocked me out cold lol. Still don't golf.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:46 PM

I don't have anything too bad. When I was in 5th grade, it was raining during recess so we couldn't go on the grass, and instead played 500 in a parking lot. I got pushed from behind and fell head first into a drain, got a couple stitches above my right eye.

Two more involving this terror of a little girl who lived next door to me. Once, I'm probably 6 or 7 and she's a little younger, hanging out with my sister drawing. I don't know why, but she threw a pencil at me that hit me in the eye. Didn't really affect my vision, but every time I go to the eye doctor they point out the scar, although my laser eye surgery might have removed some of the scar tissue. Also, later I was in a tree house of a kid next door, and it was raining so we had a tarp acting as a roof weighted down by bricks. She managed to pull the tarp and caused a brick to fall a few feet directly on my head, if I feel around my head I can still find the scar today. Never got it stitched up, probably should have, but I hope I don't go bald because it's probably an inch long or so.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 PM

I was playing baseball in 4th grade and got thrown a wild pitch and didn't get out of the way in time. The ball hit my nose and shattered the bones into several pieces. I then had to walk around with a nose cast on and bags inserted into my nostrils to keep the support up so it wouldn't collapse. I also had my hand on a beach chair one time near where the metal gear on the back adjusts the recline. Somebody pushed the chair down and it sliced the joint of my pinky and hand open and nearly cut my finger off.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:12 PM

* I was taking a shower and was washing my face. My hand just slipped and my finger went into my eye.

Now, I'd poked myself in the eye before, I normally blink for a few seconds and I'm fine. But this just would not stop hurting. I was hurting all day long, had to stay home from work. Finally, my wife comes home and drives me to the eye doctor. Turns out I badly tore my cornea. I ended up having to patch my eye for a couple of days and had to wait for it to just heal itself.

* A year later, I'm driving to work with my wife. All of a sudden the same eye just develops a terrible pain. The same pain I felt a year before. But I wasn't doing anything, just driving a car. The doctor said I had a "recurring corneal abrasion." Basically, my cornea was weak because of my previous injury and the stress from blinking tore the cornea. The remedy was the same. And to prevent it from happening again, I had to put lubricating drops in my eye every day. The same thing happened again a few months later, where I woke up and tore my cornea again.

I've never had the problem since then.