Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Default 2 Tricky Hand I\'ve played today

Hello,

what do you thing of these 2 hands, I've played tonight. I played them real aggressifely imo. I want to have your opinions on these 2 hands.

thx.

================================================== ====
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $26.25
BB: $34.23
UTG: $16.84
Hero (MP): $22.60
CO: $23.38
BTN: $29.26

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($10.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.77</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $17.60</font>, SB calls $9.83

Pot Size: $45.45

==================================================

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.50
Hero (BB): $30.46
UTG: $24.75
MP: $37.06
CO: $24.39
BTN: $17.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $29.46</font>, SB calls all-in for $11.50

Pot Size: $54.96
Old 08-06-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: 2 Tricky Hand I\'ve played today

Use this and you'll get twice as many replies:

http://www.legopoker.com/hh/index.php
Old 08-06-2007, 02:18 AM

did u raise 8x BB pre on Hand 1? Gross. I raise 4x probably, call reraise preflop, probably fold flop.

hand 2: I probably fold pre, but the call isn't awful. As played, flop seems fine.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did u raise 8x BB pre on Hand 1? Gross. I raise 4x probably, call reraise preflop, probably fold flop.

hand 2: I probably fold pre, but the call isn't awful. As played, flop seems fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I raised 8x... I know it's a lot, but I wonder if it's not a good things for NL25. Player are very bad at NL25 and I've read somewhere that betting hard with good hands and played tight is the way to earn some $$$ a that limit.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I raised 8x... I know it's a lot, but I wonder if it's not a good things for NL25. Player are very bad at NL25 and I've read somewhere that betting hard with good hands and played tight is the way to earn some $$$ a that limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
If your book said open raise for 8 BBs with a couple offsuit highcards, burn it for your sake. Betting MADE hands hard against bad players is profitable, but AQo is basically just not a made hand preflop, so there is no reason to open for 8 BBs. A more standard raise(3-4x) would be profitable, bad players or not.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 AM

At this limit a lot of your value will come by charging players to chase draws of beating hands like KQ, JQ, etc. with AQ on a Q72 flop. By raising 8xbb you are driving many of these hands out and only getting called by much stronger hands.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 AM

1. Don't raise 8x. 3.5 or 4x is standard. As played, just fold the flop. You aren't even drawing to the NFD. Villian has shown a lot of strength and isn't folding. He reraised your huge PF raise. I think it may be correct to fold to his reraise PF.

Hand 2. Your up against a strong hand here. Postflop I like how you played it(I fold PF). You now have to get all in. You have a combo draw and are a favorite over AA. Villians not folding, but you are ahead in equity here(most of the time).
Old 08-06-2007, 03:01 AM

HAND #1 is gross PF and flop...DO NOT open raise for 8xBB unless tables is extremely loose passive PF...With the 8xBB raise what do you think villain is 3 betting with???? Dump it PF after the re-raise...On the flop you are bluffing and with the PF action you are not pushing villain off any hand with 50% of his stack in the middle..

Hand #2 PF call is marginal but OK..Flop play looks good...
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If your book said open raise for 8 BBs with a couple offsuit highcards, burn it for your sake. Betting MADE hands hard against bad players is profitable, but AQo is basically just not a made hand preflop, so there is no reason to open for 8 BBs. A more standard raise(3-4x) would be profitable, bad players or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually I 4bet + 1 for each limper, but yesterday I tryed to played like that. I guess, I must get back to my old strategy. thx for the advice.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this limit a lot of your value will come by charging players to chase draws of beating hands like KQ, JQ, etc. with AQ on a Q72 flop. By raising 8xbb you are driving many of these hands out and only getting called by much stronger hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agreed. thx.