Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Brag: new car

Nice job with the car. I felt really good when I first bought my car (Mercedes C230), but it wore off after a month sadly. Wish I had gone with a convertible.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So cars are [censored] expensive and I'm not sure I want to have $35,000 sitting in a parking space (I'd pay straight cash, yo). Also I'm not sure I will an expensive car in a few years, and there are a few other benefits to leasing that I might enjoy, but would it be lame if I just leased a 328i? Everyone is buying, but meh I don't really care that much. Oh yeah also I wouldn't buy a new car because it seems like a big waste for somone like me, but lease could be good value and I would get a new car.

Help me BBV, I am [censored] hopeless when it comes to making big decisions. I would really like to get a car as soon as possible, but buying straight cash would take me a month or two... or more? I could go busto, but then at least I would have paid for a sweet car and could sell it or live in it. Just use the good2cu logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cars are a waste of money but leasing is even more a waste of money.

My advice - look for something that's (a) reliable (b) most of the depreciation has disappeared (c) has a perfect service history and no crash history (d) you can sell easily for not much less than you paid for it.

I recently bought a Lexus SUV with satnav, most of the depreciation was gone from it, and I can look to losing $2K per year in depreciation for next 3 years...and it's still very bling to ride in.

If you can, don't waste your money on a car, it's a bottomless pit, but then life is for living...I recommend Lexus if you have no idea what to buy...I have both the RX and the GS, they are impeccabley reliable (RXs post 2002 if you can). German cars start to break at 80-100K. Jap cars last to 200K before anything major.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:56 AM

Nice automobile but if I were you I'd take Ford Mustang from late 60's and drive like a maniac. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 AM

this car is sick.. no girls car
it's very nice

BMW Z3 is girls car
Old 11-02-2007, 09:28 AM

its nice, but you could have gotten an m3/evo/sti which would have been a much bigger brag
Old 11-02-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its nice, but you could have gotten an m3/evo/sti which would have been a much bigger brag

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] true
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM

because evo and sti's arent in the 35k range..??
and 02 m3's arent either..

[ ] your right
Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM

play the great skilled game of Spades online 4 real money against other poeple!! USA players welcome! http://www.spadesrush.com/
Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So cars are [censored] expensive and I'm not sure I want to have $35,000 sitting in a parking space (I'd pay straight cash, yo). Also I'm not sure I will an expensive car in a few years, and there are a few other benefits to leasing that I might enjoy, but would it be lame if I just leased a 328i? Everyone is buying, but meh I don't really care that much. Oh yeah also I wouldn't buy a new car because it seems like a big waste for somone like me, but lease could be good value and I would get a new car.

Help me BBV, I am [censored] hopeless when it comes to making big decisions. I would really like to get a car as soon as possible, but buying straight cash would take me a month or two... or more? I could go busto, but then at least I would have paid for a sweet car and could sell it or live in it. Just use the good2cu logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get a reliable, comfortable, 2nd hand car performs it's duty: getting you from one place to the other, safely and reliably.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM

I've never been tempted to blow much money on a car. The differences between a really balla car and a decent 10k used car don't seem to justify the cost.