Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Thread for Opponents of Iraq War: \"Why\"?

As implied by the title, this thread should hopefully involve only 'Iraq War'(IW) opponents.

More specifically, im particularly interested in answers from social democrats, libertarian-democracy supporters, modern liberals, democracy advocates, mixed economy believers and central planning proponents.

Im trying to gauge whether or not the lack of support for this war is due to principle or management specifically. In effect, someone who thinks that would Bill or Hilary be in charge their support would change.

My personal view is this war is wrong because democracy is inherently wrong and does not provide freedom. I disagree with the entire idea of "civil democratic rights". I believe "nation building" is also inherently wrong and a bureaucracy can never work for any people in such a way. This implies my other belief that central planning is economically flawed.

The only way this war couldve worked in my opinion is if the entire country was privatized, not through a bureaucracy, but through appropriation of state resources to the private owners, Iraqi tax payers.

Furthermore, the war would have to have been funded privately.

Without these conditions i cant see us actually granting more freedom anywhere.

So in essence, im trying to find people who disagree with my principle but don't support the democratic and nation-building principles of the Iraq war.

Speak up.....