Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think the whole concept of having a "classy" coach or your coach being a class act is [censored] retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sentence doesn't make any sense. Unless you believe coaches should be fired as soon as they show any sign of class.

[/ QUOTE ]

no I mean using it as reason to hire or fire someone...well he's such a class act blah blah blah. Winning matters. Class doesn't.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep trying there kyro...when you hit puberty and become an adult, maybe you can get me out of your head. Your childish little jabs really don't bother me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, is a hate-filled PM to someone considered mature and adult?

You are a ridiculous homer who would love to believe your team can do no wrong. It's fun to prod at you because you come flailing back with a 3 paragraph novel about how terrible of a person I am. So I'm going to respond to you the same way I responded to your PM you sent me where for a second I thought I murdered a close member of your family.

lol

Edit: Apparently hate-filled is probably a strong word to describe the PM. It sounded worse at first read I guess. Whiny and "your childish jabs really bother me" would be better ways to describe it.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
come on, did the pats really run up on the score against the cowboys?? the cowboys called a TO late and the pats i think had 4th and 1 at the goal line, bah imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I think against any team other than the Jets or the Cowboys (and in that case only because of Phillips' pregame comments), they take a knee on the last play. They've done it in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's correct. Regardless of what you think of Peter King, his integrity is fairly credible & he didn't make up Phillips' comments that he later denied.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure what happened is Phillips made the comment, and then someone said to him, "wtf are you doing. Are you TRYING to piss off the volcano?" And he realized what a moronic time to make such a comment, so he tried backing down.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
come on, did the pats really run up on the score against the cowboys?? the cowboys called a TO late and the pats i think had 4th and 1 at the goal line, bah imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I think against any team other than the Jets or the Cowboys (and in that case only because of Phillips' pregame comments), they take a knee on the last play. They've done it in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's correct. Regardless of what you think of Peter King, his integrity is fairly credible & he didn't make up Phillips' comments that he later denied.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure what happened is Phillips made the comment, and then someone said to him, "wtf are you doing. Are you TRYING to piss off the volcano?" And he realized what a moronic time to make such a comment, so he tried backing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like the comment Jerry Calahan made on WEEI about Mangini (I paraphrase here). - What was he thinking? He took what was already a Hall of Fame Coach and turned him into Keyser Soze. -
Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM

I think what Peter King did was 100% irresponsible. here is what he said on TV:

"Wade Phillips this week told me something...and that is (the cheating) is a black mark on their success.'"

but left out the whole quote, which was "(the cheating) is a black mark on their success ...not that I bet they gained much from it"

by leaving out the 2nd part he completely changed what people would infer

TV version: Wilson says the cheating is a black mark
Actual version: Wilson says the cheating is a black mark, but in reality didn't matter much wrt success
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do pats fans realize why everyone hates them?
Reread your posts and it becomes painfully obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Simmons doesn't help the cause either.

His last article on the Pats was the most ridiculous article I've ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]Funny thing is that he said that we haven't seen this kind of dominance since the 89 49ers. What kind of short memory does he have.

First off, the 89 49ers weren't blowing opponents out early: they didn't have a 10 point victory until week 6.

Second, off the top of my head, I came up with 4 teams since 1989 that had better starts than the 89 49ers:

1991 Redskins (started 12-0 and had several 40+ point games)
1998 Vikes (highest scoring team of all-time, with the #7 scoring defense).
1999 Rams (Greatest show on turf. #1 offense and #2 defense).
2001 Rams (Also blowing teams out left and right).

Even the 2005 Colts could be listed in the same category (started 13-0, with only 2 close games). In fact, what Simmons forgets is that the 2007 Colts is nearly as dominant as the 2007 Pats.

He acts like the 2007 Pats are something special, but they haven't proven anything yet.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:57 PM

I don't think he was comparing 07 Pats Start: 89 Niners start; he was saying that the last time a team looked this dominant was the 89 Niners, regardless of the time in the season.

[ QUOTE ]
He acts like the 2007 Pats are something special,

[/ QUOTE ]

prob b/c their weeks 1-6 are the best of the last 15 years or so.

[ QUOTE ]
but they haven't proven anything yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok
Old 10-18-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think what Peter King did was 100% irresponsible. here is what he said on TV:

"Wade Phillips this week told me something...and that is (the cheating) is a black mark on their success.'"

but left out the whole quote, which was "(the cheating) is a black mark on their success ...not that I bet they gained much from it"

by leaving out the 2nd part he completely changed what people would infer

TV version: Wilson says the cheating is a black mark
Actual version: Wilson says the cheating is a black mark, but in reality didn't matter much wrt success

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree anymore.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:01 PM

I'm not knowledgeable about the other 4 teams you listed to comment, but

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, what Simmons forgets is that the 2007 Colts is nearly as dominant as the 2007 Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't even close to being true.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do pats fans realize why everyone hates them?
Reread your posts and it becomes painfully obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Simmons doesn't help the cause either.

His last article on the Pats was the most ridiculous article I've ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]Funny thing is that he said that we haven't seen this kind of dominance since the 89 49ers. What kind of short memory does he have.

First off, the 89 49ers weren't blowing opponents out early: they didn't have a 10 point victory until week 6.

Second, off the top of my head, I came up with 4 teams since 1989 that had better starts than the 89 49ers:

1991 Redskins (started 12-0 and had several 40+ point games)
1998 Vikes (highest scoring team of all-time, with the #7 scoring defense).
1999 Rams (Greatest show on turf. #1 offense and #2 defense).
2001 Rams (Also blowing teams out left and right).

Even the 2005 Colts could be listed in the same category (started 13-0, with only 2 close games). In fact, what Simmons forgets is that the 2007 Colts is nearly as dominant as the 2007 Pats.

He acts like the 2007 Pats are something special, but they haven't proven anything yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem with Simmons stating how good the Pats are (I think they are an awesome team), its more just how arrogant and annoying he is about it. The whole like "ZOMG everyone is mean to us, we'll show you!" is pretty annoying, and makes people hate the pats more than the stupid cheating thing. And how he ended the article, the "the only sign that matters now is the two middle fingers towards the sky" thing was incredibly retarded.