Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Default 22 in SB

Hustler 15-30 (2/3 structure)

A young asian guy posts in CO. I've never seen him before, but my spidey sense is going off--something about his slightly disinterested air makes me think he's a solid player.

It gets folded around to him and I'm 100% positive he's going to raise. He doesn't disappoint.

Extremely laggy Armenian guy calls on the button (one of the very few times he didn't 3-bet). I call in the SB with 22 and BB calls.

Flop is Q72r

If you anticipate that CO will bet and Btn will raise no matter what their cards are, do you bet, check/call, or check/3bet?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: 22 in SB

c/r or bet.

c/c is pretty bad.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:16 PM

This hand is not interesting. Bet the flop. Raise at every opportunity while there is a cap.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:24 PM

well, you want the pot as big as you can get it and the strength of your hand is fairly well hidden...i would consider a c/c on the flop only because i would be planning to c/r on the turn--has the button done a flop-free card play yet? if not, i would go for a c/r on the turn--otherwise c/r-3 bet the flop...the board is extremely disconnected, and with only 2 opponents it would be hard to build a big pot if you tipped your strength too early i think...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is not interesting. Bet the flop. Raise at every opportunity while there is a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf bet the flop wwwwwwwwtf
Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM

I can't imagine not jamming this.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM

I think you're going to get more bets in the pot by checking and raising whatever it comes back to you for. As others have said, after that don't stop betting.

I think if you donk this flop you're going to get called down by a decent number of hands that would have bet and then called down. Also, your donk-3bet will get called down by hands that would have bet and put in another raise against your flop check-raise (perhaps even on the turn).

If the flop were more draw heavy bet-3bet would be good. But if CO is a good player, he's going to just call down your 3bet with a lot of very good hands that would be paying a lot more vs a checkraise.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It may or may not get interesting later. If not, feel free to stay the F* out of the thread.

I figure that on a board this non-threatening I want to get in a raise or two on the big streets, so it's not simply a matter of raising at any and every opportunity. On the other hand, I think checking is bad, as it will most likely be raised back to me and a cold-call will make CO and B really suspicious. I could check/3-bet, but that likely nets me .5BB less by the end of the hand.

This brings up other questions about whether you assume CO will check to B's flop 3-bet, and do you then c/r to push out CO, or do you bet out again, but it's moot because...

I bet. CO raises (kind of expected). Btn folds (WTF? This is a big surprise.) BB folds. I'm HU with CO.

Do you 3-bet or plan to check-raise the turn?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:27 PM

check and three bet. If it gets reraised then check raise the turn. Let them try to muscle you out of the pot. If you bet they may just call or fold. Hope they have a queen or over pair and it takes them until river to figure out you have a set.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM

This board is drier than a woman after making out with priv_joker. Check/call can't be that terrible.