Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 02:07 PM

Default buying \"open box\" items from newegg?

I screwed up my new computer order and newegg voided it for me. However, the video card I want is only available as an open box item. They say it comes with no manual or cables (which is not a problem).

Has anyone had any experiences buying open box items from newegg? I have this nightmare that I'll get some overclocker's failed experiment.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Re: buying \"open box\" items from newegg?

I personally have never bought an open box item from Newegg, but generally open box items are products that were just opened and not actually used.

I have worked in multiple electronic retail stores in the past, and when we would get a item that someone configured anything on...we would send it back to manufacturer for replacement. If it was something that the person just opened, sometimes even installed, but didn't change anything...we would make it Open Box.

I am not exactly sure of the amount of testing that Newegg does on returned items before they list them as Open Box, but I would trust them if the price was reduced enough. Newegg is the sh*t and has never let me down.

Keep in mind that if you do buy an Open Box item there, they have a 15-day Refund-only return policy. Otherwise you front the cost for anything that may go wrong with it.