Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Journeyman

this is my favorite new show of the fall. im a little young to have been into quantum leap so the idea (although i know its not) is fresh to me. but i love the concept of altering the course of history.

i really like how they're handling a lot of things (his inability to alter certain outcomes, the struggles of his wife...who i find really hot but i dont know why, the awkwardness of the love quadrangle, etc, etc).

hopefully it sticks around.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 PM

"Love quadrangle". I like it.

It's early, but I like the way they're handling it so far. There is tension between Dan (Journeyman) and Jack (cop brother), Dan and Katie (wife), Jack and Katie, and now Dan and Livia. At the same time, they're not being soap-opera melodramatic.

One problem is that there isn't enough time to explore the main characters and the people he's tracking. His "assignments" so far are just filler for the development of the main characters, and the only interesting part about them is trying to figure out how many degrees of separation there are between the person he's interacting with and the true target. (They did divert from that formula this week by having him spin his wheels trying to save his boss' sister rather than the gambling junkie.)

One thing that QL did well was make you care about the people he was leaping into. Of course they had a much smaller full-time cast to flesh out.

Yahoo lists Journeyman as one of five shows in early trouble this season. Methinks they need to start giving us a few more hints about the big picture. Why is his ex tracking him? Who is behind it? What is their agenda.

And maybe he should travel a little further back now and again to more interesting times.

On a shallow note: How cool would it be to have a family in normal time, and an ex with benefits whenever he warps?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yahoo lists Journeyman as one of five shows in early trouble this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the other 4? Link? (Quick perusal of Yahoo couldn't find it)

NM, found it

Nashville (already yanked)
Cavemen
K-Ville (I'll miss the theme song more than the show)
Journeyman (PigF****r)
Big Shots
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Nashville, Cavemen, K-Ville, and Big Shots.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM

Three shows in and I really like it. Rough in spots, to be sure, but I look forward to both the developing "love quadrangle" and the Quantum Leap stories.

BTW, why hasn't this former Pathological Gambler thought of buying a few stocks back in 1980-whatever-the-[censored] time he lands. Seems a tiny bit of research could have him and his wife set. Of course, this ruins the tension over the possible job loss...