Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: A sub-point

neverforgetlol,

Just curious - do you feel that the state has no business in the corporate framework and that people should be able to freely associate, or is it that you feel the state must intervene even more in the corporate framework in order to create these cooperatives?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:29 AM

im against the state and capitalism.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you question me, what evidence do you have to back this up? I'd love to see survey data asking people's opinion of their bosses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be waiting for your info, but I've been in the workforce for about 30 years as a "boss," owner, and worker at all levels. I've worked with thousands of people. Sure, some don't like the people they work for, but most work through the problems and come to a happy medium, and/or enjoy working for their bosses. A number of mine are best friends and influenced my life greatly. Does that mean I liked them all the time? Hell no. One, made me cancel a caribbean trip to write a legal brief that was sprung on us at the last minute. I was pissed then, but someone had to do it. Today, I consider him my greatest mentor, and the person who had the greatest influence other than my father. That's real life.

Commonsense says most people think my way, or your revolution would have happened. Because your revolution isn't even a blip on the radar, common sense says more people, by a long shot, see it the way I see it.

[ QUOTE ]
You know there are many independent car repair places that are just a few guys that do the work and run the business? And how do one person businesses even work in your opinion? Clearly if these people work they can't know how to run the business behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course ... read my entire post. I am not saying everyone can't do it, but I will say most can't.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I really need to justify why it is acceptable? I don't think I do, becuase it is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD
Old 12-12-2006, 01:44 AM

POTD?
Point of the definition?
Photo of the day?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being a person of science, I like to be shown evidence. Sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you want me to show you evidence of? The possiblilty of anarchy and a culture that respects natural rights? I'm beginning to realize why so many BBV posters flame you.

Anyways, if you wanted evidence look at history. When something is provided by an unregulated free market, the good or service is provided much more effieciently, whether that means it's of a better quality, it's provided quicker, they are produced in higher numbers, or it's less exspensive. You of all people should know why a state ruled by a specific class demostrably hurts the other classes.

[ QUOTE ]
Because capitalists run most of society, and use the state to make sure no one gets in their way.

[/ QUOTE ]
What, are there laws against this? Who's stopping the capitalists from some young brash mutualists going and creating coops? Sure they're some isolated examples, but if they're better then private businesses why isn't everyone of those horrifically exploited wage slaves going out and doing this? I mean, I'm a man of science, I need evidence, you know? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 01:50 AM

post of the day, good sir.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:02 AM

How about the capitalists use the state to squash new competition? There was article linked in this thread, for example about someone trying to startup and sell milk cheaper and the corporations passed laws to get it shut down.

capitalists in general lobby for and get a lot of privileges that makes it pretty hard for a new coop to compete.

And you and I both know the unregulated free market has never existed in history.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:12 AM

gone
Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about the capitalists use the state to squash new competition? There was article linked in this thread, for example about someone trying to startup and sell milk cheaper and the corporations passed laws to get it shut down.

capitalists in general lobby for and get a lot of privileges that makes it pretty hard for a new coop to compete.

And you and I both know the unregulated free market has never existed in history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some capitalists will try to lobby the state for favors and protectionism. Not all. Ever heard of James Hill? Your argument is great against having a central state capable of handing out favors to businesses, but not a good one against capitalism itself.