Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: CA Online Poker Initiative!!

I'll sign this initiative any day of the week, even with all of the problems with it (I'm guessing you didn't consult a lawyer when writing this). However, this is not how CA initiatives work Tuff Fish, and I think you know it.

1. You need enough money to put every independent signature gatherer outside of every Home Depot/local grocery store/Walmart/Target to get enough signatures to pass. Unless you have a brigade of people gathering signatures for free there is going to be a problem gathering enough sigs (well, maybe a bunch of motivated online poker players will stand outside Ralph's for free).

2. You should have gotten the teachers and veterans to support your initiative BEFORE you wrote this initiative. Now you're working against time. And why not include Calpers (all CA gov't workers) along with Calstirs? And why direct the funds to their retirement fund and not the general education budget?

That being said, if online poker has any shot of being semi-legal, CA and other ballot initiative states are the best chance of that happening. I hope you get enough signatures, tuff.

And why no omaha eight hi/lo or stud? That's kinda screwy.