Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:12 AM

Default And if we\'re lost, we are lost together....

Not playing much since the WSOP, and feeling rusty and bad. (worse than my normal bad)

Comments on every street please (include "misplayed on every street [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Full Tilt $150

My stack 3000, BB 2600

BB= 30

Very early, no reads.

Folded to me on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I raise it up to 90 to go,......standard.....BB calls

Flop (195) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks.

In this spot I usually bet as a lot of worse hands call etc, and usually fold to a reasonable raise since if ahead, I'm not ahead by very much.

If my cbet is called I try to get to the river cheap and maybe call a river bet depending on the board.

Here I thought there was a good chance I had best hand (which probably means a bet), and while vulnerable, I didn't want to fold to a c/r as I am 50/50 against a lot of hands he c/r's.

Maybe I'm jumping at shadows since a c/r is more likely when shallower than this....correct?

So I figure I'll check back the flop to look for a blank and put more money in there if as my equity should be better on most turns. A bonus of this is getting a bluff lead from a hand that folds to a c-bet.

Is my head up my ass with all this or not?

back to the hand....

BB checks, I check

Turn (195) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB leads 150, I raise to 450 to go, BB calls

I think my raise here might be wrong. Initially my thoughts are to get value from Ax X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but now that my hand can improve to a boat, should I be calling here? I'm probably folding to jam over my raise since I think the majority of hands he does this with are ahead of me......does he jam here with Ax X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] enough to worry about this?

River (1095) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks....

Hero?

Thanks,
Woodguy
Old 08-30-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: And if we\'re lost, we are lost together....

He's not going to jam with AxXh on the turn, I like the raise. I think the river is a check; trying to bluff the Jh or Qh here is going to be a losing proposition without an overbet shove.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Does the BB defend his blinds at all? You were in a steal position so he doesn't need much of a hand to play. On the flop bet 2/3 of the pot with your vunerable and possibly second best hand. If he raises fold.

The raise on the turn isn't bad but i would fold or call and see what happens on the river. If he stops he may have been representing a flush. If he bets he probably has it. When he calls your re-raise i'd give him credit for a flush.

River: Check. Better hands call, worse hands fold.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 PM

i like the flop check since I don't want to get c/r off the bet hand, and often when you check back flop they fire 2 street with most of their range. Turn raise is solid, but as Bakes said, river is a def check. I figure you win about 50% of the time here and no use trying to make a random fold a flush if he has one.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not going to jam with AxXh on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Hmmmmm, if we were villian, should we then, since better hands fold?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the BB defend his blinds at all? You were in a steal position so he doesn't need much of a hand to play

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is part of the reason I checked the flop, to get a bluff, although checking this flop can be view as strong because its a very A+ cbet spot. (I think)
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no use trying to make a random fold a flush if he has one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which flushes do you think lead the river, and which check call?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Results: *DELETED*

Post deleted by woodguy
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Results:

Why post results so soon?

Anyhow, I like a flop bet. I feel that on this flop, you aren't getting semibluffed that often even by hearts. On this type of flops, people are way more likely to c/c a heart draw cause they feel they don't have much FE over your range once you bet a dangerous board (even the donks sense it). There's plenty of value to be had and you don't want to give gutshots or like pair+gs's a free draw, not to mention flush draws (not to mention that you dislike 1/2 the deck on the turn). Once you check the flop, I like the turn raise, as you can get value from worse aces and protect against draws, and people never 3-bet bluff/semibluff there, so it's an easy muck. As far as getting blown off the hand, it's not a big deal, since it's a 4 outer, however if you had just turned a set sixes for example, i'd be more likely to just flat cause getting blown off your hand is decidedly worse w/ 10 outs. As played, no point in bluffing here, as your hand has enough showdown value and enough of your oppt's range is one heart that is c/c-ing to make checking better than bluffing (though betting 1k might be optimal vs. some oppts).
Old 08-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Results:

[ QUOTE ]

Why post results so soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K. deleted.

Thread wasn't getting much action, thought I close it.