Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 AM

Default My Micro-Stakes FT Journey (Long) w/ Photoshop Story.

Inspired by recent BTYS and Skeety posts, I present:

My Micro-Stakes FT Journey

Sub Title: The day I Re-Learned to beat NL25.
(Not once do I mention all my FTP Mod's [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Preface: I Started playing online about 2-3 years ago. Deposited 40$, ran it up to $170 and cashed out. Few months later deposited $60 again. Slowly ran it up to $100ish. The first weekend I started playing multiple tables I turned it into about $500, then made final 18 in a Sunday tourney and had a BR near $1k. I promptly went to NL100 and lost 2+ Buy-In’s as any newbie donk would. This was in the spring of 2k5.

I quickly found 2+2 and searched “bankroll management”. Since then I have always maintained 20++ buy-in BR. I had 2 $300+ BR’s on 2 sites. I did the LHE Bonus Whore routine, and eventually landed back at Doyles Room where I stayed for a year+ (without Rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I kept a $1k+ BR playin up to 50c/$1 NL (mostly 10c/25c – 25c/50c). All totaled, I have withdrawn 20-25k over 3 years, always playing micro-stakes.

Enter Black Monday UIGEA. I promptly cash out 1.8k leaving me with a $200 BR. Donk’ed around there until March when they booted all USA players. . Deposited $300 at FT 2nd week of march.

My last year+ at Doyles all I played was Badugi. I had forsaken NLHE for Half-Pot Limit Badugi. So when I got to FT I immediately went to play Razz fixed limit. Lets just say that an ante/limit lowball game is –EV.

As any good micro-grinder I promptly began playing 8 FR NL10 tables as nitty as possible.

During this time, at various low/high points I would inevitably try some Hi/Lo. I decided to make a basic spreadsheet to see where the most +EV tables were for me to play. I decided thru math, that the best average FT Points per cost of cards dealt was at the micro Hi/Lo tables (10% rake, and many showdowns). I took a few shots (2,500 hands) at PL25 but mostly PL10. This plan was much more –EV than the plan to play Razz.

I then played a bunch of hands on a buddies account. He had deposited $600 and busted it with $540 bonus left to clear. He asked me to try and save his account. So I short-stack, multi-tabled FR NL10 from a balance of $8. Started with 4 tables of $2 each, and was able to rebuild that account to a few hundred dollars by clearing bonus and being a [x]CHOO CHOO.

I gave him his account back to play (after clearing about half his bonus) and he sent me a check for the majority of the account balance. He was BUTSO about a week later. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Then I went back to grinding micro full-ring. Multi-tabling 6-8 tables, just trying to grind out some RB. Then I cashed 6th in the gold freeroll for $750. Got real busy, and broke, so cashed out $600 + $600 – leaving me about $600 for donking around, sorta planning on finally moving up to NL25 with 30 buy-ins.

I had taken some time off after my MTT score. When I started playing again I settled in to the NL 10 tables, and forgot about movin up.

In mid-july I got pretty sick of playing for RB. I decided to make a new PT DB, and datamine NL25. I then started playing FR NL25 and started out very bad. Lost 4 buy ins in ~1.2k hands, and quickly retreated like a pansy. * Notice the first half of this FR NL25 graph.

Went back to NL10 and all of a sudden I thought I could beat full-ring. Then the true nature of my Nittiness was revealed as I fell back to even.

This brings us to this past Friday. I decided to give NL25 again, but wanted to learn 6max. I re-visited some older 2+2 threads I had long forgotten about. I downloaded some StoxPoker videos from ThePokerBay.org. I found a few videos here and at FTR to watch.

So I started with some FR and won a little, which got me ready to try 6max again. I then jumped in, trying to use what I had re-taught myself. Something seems to have clicked. Either that or someone turned on my BOOMSWITCH.

Here is my combined 6/9 max NL25 since Friday.

Wish me luck as I try to not cash-out, and move back to NL50, where I used to be 2+ years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I am hoping to not cash out for a while and re-build to a 2k+ BR (which I just had before my recent cash-outs) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

So here is my "Mid-August" Graph of allgames played. This signifies/shows the end of my Full-Ring Nittiness, and the beginning of my 6max journey.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: My Micro-Stakes FT Journey (Long) w/ Photoshop Story.

GL fozzy, your FTP mods are awesome. Hopefully you continue to improve!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 AM

why did u have to put the backgrounds, they hurt the eyes, and jesus christ dude 19k hands and u made like 8 buyins at NL10, wowowow
Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 AM

nm 21k hands and 3 10nl buyins, wowowwo /slit
Old 08-15-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did u have to put the backgrounds, they hurt the eyes,

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] Hurt someones eyes.

[ QUOTE ]
nm 21k hands and 3 10nl buyins, wowowwo /slit

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for illuminating the painfully obvious.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 03:58 AM

TRY HARDER
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 AM

lifetime graph plz
Old 08-15-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lifetime graph plz

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, had to export/import from multiple PT DB's.

This is my Holdem Adventure since joining FT in mid March. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
3k hands limit at the begining, 8k hands of NL25 mostly at end. 75k hands of FR NL10 throughout the rest.

And let me be the first to say, this graph makes me wanna puke. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wasnt there a thread called .. " Microstakes - Beatable?"