Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: how many holes in one did you have this year?

[ QUOTE ]
I read the article in Golf Digest. I actually got her e-mail and sent her a message about what a fraud she is. I said there was no way she had that many hole in ones nor did she shoot a 61. I am a 4 handicap and have played golf over 20 years. I have seen a total of 4 hole in ones in my life.

I have played with PGA golf pros and the lowest round I have seen shot is 64.

She actually responded to my e-mail saying that the reporter never talked to the 26 other witnesses and that the course she shot the 61 was incredibly easy that my grandmother could even do it.

I actually apologized to her. I don't know the situation and here I went out of my way to attack her.

She invited me to play golf next time I am in Palm Springs.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is really going out of her way to defend herself. Now a registered member of 2+2!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She is really going out of her way to defend herself. Now a registered member of 2+2!

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sweet if true, and the IP checks out to SoCal. But whereas she apparently lives in the Palm Springs area, this IP is for the LA suburb of Tarzana, somewhere near Burbank. I checked her blog and the ESPN article and it makes no mention of her spending any time there, sadly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Haha. I went out of my way to get her e-mail and attack her. Do I believe she had 16 hole in ones or shot a 61? Eff no. Still, all I read is an article and the media can (and has) slanted information. I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

This is probably another Rose Ruiz. Someone desperate for attention and she sure got it!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 PM

There was a similar story 5-6 years ago about a teenage boy who said he did about the same thing. Both are def FOS, what a ridiculous joke.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the article in Golf Digest. I actually got her e-mail and sent her a message about what a fraud she is. I said there was no way she had that many hole in ones nor did she shoot a 61. I am a 4 handicap and have played golf over 20 years. I have seen a total of 4 hole in ones in my life.

I have played with PGA golf pros and the lowest round I have seen shot is 64.

She actually responded to my e-mail saying that the reporter never talked to the 26 other witnesses and that the course she shot the 61 was incredibly easy that my grandmother could even do it.

I actually apologized to her. I don't know the situation and here I went out of my way to attack her.

She invited me to play golf next time I am in Palm Springs.

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as you're on her good side, send her a link to this thread and have her register and defend herself, please. This has potential to turn into very funny thread.

Also, I'm a little disapointed that no one has created a gimmick account to defend her in an entertaining way. Meh, I guess I'll go back to BBV and OOT.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:56 AM

The most jarring thing about this story is that golf is supposed to be a game of honor and honesty, and here we have this woman abusing that and throwing it back in everyone's face. Seriously, I don't know how she shows her face at her home club, they must hate her there knowing what a fraud she obviously is. Argh.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As long as you're on her good side, send her a link to this thread and have her register and defend herself, please. This has potential to turn into very funny thread.

Also, I'm a little disapointed that no one has created a gimmick account to defend her in an entertaining way. Meh, I guess I'll go back to BBV and OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has already (obviously) posted in the ESPN discussion board about defending herself.

As I said, I personally don't think she had 16 or even 3 hole-in-ones, but I wasn't there for any of the fakes.

It seems to be someone who wants attention and she sure got it.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:32 PM

How such an obvious lie has made this much press, I'll never know. Her non-story should have been rejected before it made it into any publication.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How such an obvious lie has made this much press, I'll never know. Her non-story should have been rejected before it made it into any publication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably cuz they had nothing else to talk about.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Probably not pole-worthy, so I'll just let whoever wants to respond do so:

About how many rounds of golf have you played, and how many times has someone hit a shot where nobody saw the finish and the ball ended up in the hole?

As a guess, I'll say I've played about 300 rounds of golf, and this has happened to me exactly zero times.