Old 09-29-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Iggy\'s Week 5 NCAA Picks

Calhoun for Air Force might be functionally retarded,
Old 09-29-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ooops...I didn't put up my thinking for the POTW

you reminded me here

yep, OU is caught on the road in a look ahead week playing a stout rushing defense and decent pass defense. Last year, the Buffs held OU to 166 yardss on 49 carries (3.4 ypc) and 105 yards passing in a 24-3 defeat in Norman.
On the other side of the ball, my early optimism for Colorado has been crushed. CSU isn't very good and neither is Miami OH. Other than a quick, surprising 14 points at ASU (only one offensive td though), CU got manhandled as the Sundevils shut them out the last 3.5 quarters (only 204 yards on the game) and were battered by the FSU defense for only 6 points. With OU's bigxii leading rush defense and above average pass defense, the Buffs are going to need some help on offense.

Once OU gets ahead, they aren't likely to do anything out of the box....no injuries and don't waste playbook.

I have a nuetral ev O/U at 51 on this game. So, yeah, I like u55 a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you sure nailed that one. Too bad you didn't get the spread nailed as well as the total; that CU moneyline must have been a nice payout.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:29 PM

hahahahaa...yeah, pretty lucky to hit exactly the points
but, I clearly didn't think OU would struggle like that
too bad I had Oklahoma as part of a big parlay
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 AM

Well, finished the week 4-5 ATS, 1-0 ML, +2.83 units with only the WVU/USF game keeping me in the black.

On the year, I'm now 24-30-1 ATS, 1-1 ML, +1.15 units. Guess it's not a bad trick to be up for the year with a 44% winning percentage. My 3+ unit plays are 4-0 on the season so that's definitely been helping.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, finished the week 4-5 ATS, 1-0 ML, +2.83 units with only the WVU/USF game keeping me in the black.

On the year, I'm now 24-30-1 ATS, 1-1 ML, +1.15 units. Guess it's not a bad trick to be up for the year with a 44% winning percentage. My 3+ unit plays are 4-0 on the season so that's definitely been helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta take the good with the bad! Keep up the sound advice.

Looking forward to discussing early lines tomorrow with you guys.

Also moving funds off Bodog and onto some other books!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matchbook = the nuts. It's always ideal to use multiple books and line shop, but the majority of the time, you can put in an offer at Matchbook for a better price than anything out there and get someone to take it before game-time. Definitely the best place to start if you're only using 2 or 3 books and are based in the US. As a bonus, they'll transfer funds over email with a few hours to most other major books.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 AM

How easy is it to get money into Matchbook? I've already tried a couple of funding methods with no success.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matchbook = the nuts. It's always ideal to use multiple books and line shop, but the majority of the time, you can put in an offer at Matchbook for a better price than anything out there and get someone to take it before game-time. Definitely the best place to start if you're only using 2 or 3 books and are based in the US. As a bonus, they'll transfer funds over email with a few hours to most other major books.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep running out of money at matchbook. I have been playing 3 books, plus matchbook. So far, I am 0-15 at matchbook, and once again broke in there. What sucks is, that is the hardest one of them for me to reload. Jeez, this is just crazy. While my -110 books keep going up, my +103 book has dried up again.

And on another note, losing ND/PU over because of two missed extra points, 13.5 tOHU 1h because of blocked extra poing, and tOHU -23.5 game because of same blocked xp is just incredible. That to go along with S.C. going for a "junk" td with 50 seconds left. Jeez. That's an 8 Unit swing.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And on another note, losing ND/PU over because of two missed extra points, 13.5 tOHU 1h because of blocked extra poing, and tOHU -23.5 game because of same blocked xp is just incredible. That to go along with S.C. going for a "junk" td with 50 seconds left. Jeez. That's an 8 Unit swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was pretty brutal. It was my own fault for not getting a better number though. OSU opened at 21.5 and I'm pretty sure they were no worse than 23 when they opened on Matchbook, but I didn't get to them in time.