Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im a high stakes player at FR and I think its obvious why there are almost no high stkaes posters. There just arent any high stakes (600nl+) players compared to all other levels. Often on FTP there wont be a single FR 600nl+ game going. It peaks at about 10 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats because I'm like the only 5/10 regular on FTP who will always start new tables. maybe if the regulars would play shorthanded with me more tables would get going! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some people like enon post here but they use MSNL. A split would certainly help recruit people like him. But its gonna take some TIME. So lets get on with it and do this already...
Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the majority of this reason is that the forum is not split

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree...I tend to not post my 3/6 or 5/10 hands cause it seems like "medium stakes = nitty" but the 3/6-5/10 = lot more agro/wider ranges so the advice seems to be wrong a lot of the time.

And if I play 10/20+ I just post it in high stakes.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:23 PM

AceCR9, you tell me not to join the tables you are starting b.c it scares the fish away. Also, starting tables is not the prob. If you start too many and there are no waiting lists then they break after 25 hands.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t post here because MANY posters here are arrogant mediocre players and posters. You have a few decent players like Renton, GM, BottomSet, DLM, Sabre, Too Easy …mebbe more but no good players. Phresh tried to help out and for some reason you guys pissed him off to the point where he wont post here any more. Bottom line is that most of you play FR for a reason and we all know that. Very few of you can play shorthanded or heads up which basically means you cant play poker very well, so no one wants your advice. That’s why no good players post strat in this forum. Its not just because of the low limit garbage which is another problem in itself. Its that you really aren’t poker players if you play Full ring as your game of choice. YOU ARE NITZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG 6 max is soooooooooo hard...how do I play when there is all this 3 betting going on? I just want to hit sets and go all in preflop with AA.

whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want my mommy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $131.75
BTN: $198.10
Hero (SB): $198
BB: $190.25
UTG: $217.15

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $23, CO folds

Flop: ($69) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $42</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $168 and is All-In</font>, UTG folds

Results: $153 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $150 (+$78 NET)

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

CO: $27.40
BTN: $334.35
SB: $245.05
Hero (BB): $193.15
UTG: $261

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($15) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $16

Turn: ($63) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $162.15 and is All-In</font>, UTG folds

Results: $143 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and WON $140 (+$69 NET)

Look at how tough the players are OMG I miss the FR nits already..

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

Hero (CO): $185.60
BTN: $223.90
SB: $264.25
BB: $177.15
UTG: $70.85
MP: $273.25

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $20

Flop: ($57) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $44</font>, MP calls $44

Turn: ($145) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $114.60 and is All-In</font>, MP calls $114.60

River: ($374.20) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $374.20 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and WON $371.20 (+$185.60 NET)
MP showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$185.60 NET)
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 AM

ironically mr donk you misplayed 2/3 of those hands
Old 11-25-2007, 12:31 AM

i was merging my range or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i don't CRAI turns w/ 2nd pr in 3 bet pots as much as this sample would suggest btw

the first hand is more of a value shove [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AceCR9, you tell me not to join the tables you are starting b.c it scares the fish away. Also, starting tables is not the prob. If you start too many and there are no waiting lists then they break after 25 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

who are you? I will play u unless ur a 10/20 HU regular, which im doubtful.

edit: lol, had to search to see who u r. i will PLAY you hu, but i can't stand when people sit out waiting for a fish to sit with me(i'm the only one sitting in), then they insta sit in after I get 2 hands of hu. having regs sit out @ empty tables with me will deter fish from sitting. having u PLAYING would not. see my point?

btw i will make more in those 25 hands than a whole hour @ a full table(on average) so i &lt;3 shorthanded FR tables.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:17 AM

1) Why not split the forum for a month so we can argue outside the hypothetical.

2) If the advice sucks, please, please call us out on it rather than ranting later. That's how we learn, and the best way to cease bad advice.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:28 PM

I wonder if the right thing to do is do away with the idea of forums and create individual filters. E.g., I am interested in:

[x] Full Ring
[ ] Six max
[ ] Tournament
[ ] micro
[x] small
[x] medium
[ ] high

Obviously this requires new software and it might upset some social balances, but I think it's worth considering.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ironically mr donk you misplayed 2/3 of those hands

[/ QUOTE ]

kq hand is terrible, meh on the other two.