Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Since you all read this at Absolute Poker

[ QUOTE ]
OK AP:

I'm a fan of baseball, and the world series is going on right now. In the spirit of baseball, we'll call your company's ignoring of the initial allegations in the BBV thread strike one. Now, even though it hasn't been quite 24hrs yet since I created this thread, the fact I've yet to hear anything from any of you and I'm pretty damn confident you've read it, is a solid strike two.

Here's your chance to not strike out: Come clean to the public, admit that money never made it to any charities. Here is my new offer, assuming your silence is an indication of guilt: Admit there were a few bad seeds high up who took the money, and donate $20,000 to a verifiable charity, as a gesture to show that you are trying to move beyond the Scott Tom's days. If you guys come clean and donate $20,000 to a charity that meets my standards for being real, I will STILL donate every cent you gave me.

Please consider this -- I think most all in the public will be forgiving and gracious that you are willing to try to fix a wrong that a few bad seeds in your company allegedly partook in, and ensuring that a charity receives $27,497 (instead of the initial ~$10,000) is a great PR step.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM

what happened to the Absolute sponsored poker tour. That had a ridiculously high vig where the extra vig was supposed to go to charity. Are absolute employees also behind the scenes of this fiasco too?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While they are at it, they can also donate the cost of the bogus "truck lease for a year" drawing at the same 2006 WSOP, where the AP employee rigged it for her friend to win. They split the monetary value. This is well-known within the company.

At some point if AP doesn't clear all this popcorn and lease stuff up, I will just come out and name the employee. I'd rather not, but I'm so disgusted by the charity thing that they deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you've already narrowed it down a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intentional to motivate AP. Doubt it will work as they don't seem to be the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Tuco.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the Absolute sponsored poker tour. That had a ridiculously high vig where the extra vig was supposed to go to charity. Are absolute employees also behind the scenes of this fiasco too?

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasnt absolute IIRC.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasnt absolute IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the CEO Poker Tour.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM

With regards to what has become known as "popcorngate" -- I've recently been filled in on a number of the details. While I did not get the information from a confidential source, the person who gave it to me would prefer that his name is not used here. However, he is currently pretty high up in management in AP and is a credible source.

There are a number of issues to address.

First, AP made the donation to "Sunrise Children’s Foundation" via wire transfer to a bank in Las Vegas. Not the best website I've seen, but you can check it out here: http://www.sunrisechildren.org. Also, feel free to verify the info with people there.

Second, the donation was not made until February of 2007. The guy who I spoke with admits that the timeframe for the donation was not ideal considering that the donations were received in July/August-ish of 2006. I'm told that it was largely an administrative screw-up due to a changeover in marketing companies (ie, the people who ran it). Regardless of the explanation, obviously it should have been made sooner.

Third, because Schneids was generous enough to offer to donate his refund to charity, AP is going to match that offer and donate that amount to charity in the near future. This is in addition to the money raised and AP is going to do so regardless of whether Schneids follows through with his offer.

Fourth, AP is going to run a charity tournament of some kind on their site where the rake will be collected and contributed to a charity (not sure if it will be the same one). In addition, AP is going to match the collected rake, effectively doubling the contribution from the community. I assume details will be announced at some point in the near future.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Third, because Schneids was generous enough to offer to donate his refund to charity, AP is going to match that offer and donate that amount to charity in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a suggestion - a favorite charity of the 2+2 Forum posters and Barry Greenstien, Childrens, Incorporated, makes mention of a new project in Costa Rica in their latest newsletter:

We would be more than happy to get you in contact with the right people.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Also, AP is willing to let Schneids determine the charitable recipient of the 7-something K.

In addition, the tourney donations will go to the same place.

If Schneids is okay with it, we can put up a poll on 2p2 to determine where the money should go or how it should be split up (if at all).

I'll wait for Schneids to sign on to see what he says about it.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:13 PM

This is complete [censored]

AP stop talking through Nat, get your pathetic asses on here and answer some [censored] questions
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 PM

Nat is legit so if they are really willing to do this, its an awesome step.

EOS