Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 03:28 AM

Default turn out of position with good draw vs lag

me and villian have been tangling a lot in couple tables, most of them blind vs blind battle or button vs blind. him and i both were playing lag, betting and raising a lot without going to showdown much, ive been getting little better of him. effective stack is $430

hero(sb) with 4d6d completes $2, bb raises to $16 hero calls.
flop: 10d Kd 3h
hero checks, bb raises $22, hero raises to $65, bb calls.
turn: 4c

i limped in many type of hands vs this villian and its been working ok, on flop i decided to check raise him and when he called i figured he got the piece of the flop.( i think he wouldve reraised if he had str or flush draw or AA or AK). when 4 hits i figured i had some editional outs and wasnt sure what i should do and checked and he bet $110 hero??
betting turn mightve been better but not sure
Old 09-22-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: turn out of position with good draw vs lag

Preflop is horrible. Fold everywhere.

Call the flop bet. As played, call the turn and shove if you hit, obviously.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: turn out of position with good draw vs lag

Preflop is a mess. There is no reason you should be calling his raise after you just completed. If you wanted to play a big pot with 64s then that is fine. Only, you should be the one doing the raising.

If you have been limping in and it has been working then when he raises you should just fold your trash and wait for your limp to work again.

Flop is awful. C/r with a 6 high and zero chance of winning unimproved on a board like that which is right smack in the middle of his whole range is pure spew. A c/c would be fine since you can expect to get paid on your flush but by driving the action now you are putting in the money and then hoping to hit. I would much rather hit and then put in the money.

The turn is just a pot odds calculation and nothing more. You have minimal FE (from what I gather from the action thus far) so shoving won't do anything except get you stack in there with a pair of 4's and some outs. Again, spew poker. $272 in the pot. $110 to call. Roughly 2.5-1 on your money. He has ~$240 behind. Assuming all your outs are live and you will get paid if you hit, you're a 2.5-1 dog. Looks like a call.