Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Push with this Set?

[ QUOTE ]
I will raise when first to act 100% of the time UNLESS I have medium (TT or less) pocket pairs.

Then I'll go in for the min and fold if I miss. Why raise, create a small pot and then miss. I'm not going to cbet because in NL10 you have players playing ANYTHING.

cbet's seem worthless to me. You put money in, everybody calls and now you are sitting there with a silly grin. Nobody ever folds to a cbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This approach to poker isn't going to get you very far.

You need to start thinking beyond the last 2000 hands you've played. Everybody doesn't call every time you c-bet. Maybe in the last 2000 hands it has happened a lot, but don't throw out the entire concept of c-betting just because it hasn't worked the past several times.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:44 PM

I call here. You guys are narrowing his range too far. He's got a much bigger range then just 98. In fact, it's HUGE.

I've seen people at this level play overpairs exactly this way. I've seen people play bottom two pair this way. I've seen a LOT of people play flush draws this way.

Yah, his most likely holding is 98, but at this level you are losing value by folding here.

A very conservative range would be:

TT+, 77, 22, 98

Against which you are a 60% favorite. That is without taking into account flush draws and two pair hands which he very likely could also have.

Just because you wouldn't play those hands like this doesn't mean you can narrow his range that far.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:44 PM

akak, I am sure Webster is joking...
Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
akak, I am sure Webster is joking...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. But if he was, that post should go down in the Guiness Book of World-class Levels.