Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Those Extra 100 Pages In My Tournament Book

David,

Thank you for the warning. However, I have learn so much from your books that I will buy any and all poker books you write.

I look forward to buying and reading the new book (even thought I own 2 copies of the earlier edition).
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

Thank you for the warning. However, I have learn so much from your books that I will buy any and all poker books you write.

I look forward to buying and reading the new book (even thought I own 2 copies of the earlier edition).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you own two copies? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 AM

Amulet ran out of toilet paper. I mean, wow, really, you have a compliment for a book?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:14 AM

Default I love DS\'s books

I love most of david's books. I think The Theory of Poker is the most important poker book ever written. I reread it every year.

I also loved;
Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players
Seven Card Stud for Advanced Player
Sklansky on Poker
Getting the Best of It
Poker, Gaming, & Life
and liked:
No Limit Hold 'em theory & Practice
Tournament Poker for Advanced Players

Somehow I own 2 copies of many of David's books.

He is a great poker writer.

I look forward to the new edition of Tournament Poker for Advanced Players
Old 11-15-2007, 02:55 AM

I thought he was writing Religion for Dummies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 AM

I just got this email from Amazon:
"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has purchased or rated books by David Sklansky, you might like to know that Democracy and the Police (Critical Perspectives on Crime and Law) will be released on November 16, 2007. You can pre-order yours by following the link below.

Democracy and the Police (Critical Perspectives on Crime and Law)
David Sklansky
Price: $65.00

Release Date: November 16, 2007

Review

“David Sklansky is one of the nation’s leading criminal justice scholars, and his new book offers a major contribution to the study of law enforcement and American self-governance. Professor Sklansky’s analysis of democratic policing is lucid and stimulating, providing a new vision that could help shape the public policy agenda of the twenty-first century. Democracy and the Police is a must-read for anyone interested in the perennial question: Who will watch the watchman?”
—Erik Luna, S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah

“Professor Sklansky provides a carefully argued account of what “democratic policing” means, one that avoids overly simplistic ... Read more"

Different guy, right?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Different guy, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

duh!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As someone who has purchased or rated books by David Sklansky, you might like to know that Democracy and the Police (Critical Perspectives on Crime and Law) will be released on November 16, 2007. You can pre-order yours by following the link below.

David Sklansky

Review

“David Sklansky is one of the nation’s leading criminal justice scholars, and his new book offers a major contribution to the study of law enforcement and American self-governance. Professor Sklansky’s analysis of democratic policing is lucid and stimulating, providing a new vision that could help shape the public policy agenda of the twenty-first century. Democracy and the Police is a must-read for anyone interested in the perennial question: Who will watch the watchman?”

“Professor Sklansky provides a carefully argued account of what “democratic policing” means, one that avoids overly simplistic ... Read more"

Different guy, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's his latest book.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

David Sklansky

Review

Different guy, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's his latest book.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I understand why the long time periods between poker books. He alternates between poker and politics!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:02 PM

His cousin, I believe.

[ QUOTE ]

David Sklansky

Review

Different guy, right?

[/ QUOTE ]