Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of people are more polltarded than OP?
0-1% 18 62.07%
1-2% 4 13.79%
2-4% 3 10.34%
4-7% 1 3.45%
7-9% 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
"I also can't wait for the day Jimmy gets to rub Howard's face in this. "

Sometimes, no matter what hurt has been inflicted upon us, it takes a better and stronger man to forgive and forget. This is one of those times that it is better to forgive H.L. for the derogatory comments.

In fact, if this happened to me, I would follow up an additional e-mail to Howard and tell him that I realize now, he did not intend for these negative words to get back to me and cause me pain, and I forgive you.

Jimmy, believe me you will feel better, and only good things can happen after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

zzzz

jimmy, you should pay a guy a $1,000 to have a guy dress up in a nice Italian suit, come up to Lederer at the next World Series Main Event, and throw a pie in his face, yelling out

THIS IS FROM JIMMY THE FREAK

and then run out the door
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I also can't wait for the day Jimmy gets to rub Howard's face in this. "

Sometimes, no matter what hurt has been inflicted upon us, it takes a better and stronger man to forgive and forget. This is one of those times that it is better to forgive H.L. for the derogatory comments.

In fact, if this happened to me, I would follow up an additional e-mail to Howard and tell him that I realize now, he did not intend for these negative words to get back to me and cause me pain, and I forgive you.

Jimmy, believe me you will feel better, and only good things can happen after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, by far, is the best and most insightful advice you can take away from this whole situation. You don't want something as petty as this to cloud your judgment or play in the Aussie or in any other tournament. And you definitely don't want to let 'how you're going to get back at HL' consume another moment of your life. Send him an email, laugh it off and move on.

On a more personal note, I used to weigh 320#. I'm talking about huge; snackfood in my rolls huge. I changed my eating and started walking 30 min, then 45, then an hour then ran for 15 and walked 45, rinse, repeat, and in a year I lost 80#. I kept it up and now am under 200#. Do this or something like it. Get a treadmill and do it 18-tabling if you want. You're a nice, "weird" kid and you have lots of friends, obv. It would be amazing if the next graph you post here is the one that shows how much weight you've lost in the last x months. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 AM

When Gobbo was at Canterbury last month, toooooons of people were doing the standard "is that Gobbo?!?" type of double takes, whispers, nudges etc. He's definitely marketable.

He also seems like a pretty cool dude irl, too.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Man that was funny.

Although cmon Jimmy, watch the coverage of you in that event. You look ridiculous with that amount of weight and you acted kinda like that "carebears" kid from the main event.
I dont think you are a freak, just a chubby kid thats angry with the world.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When Gobbo was at Canterbury last month, toooooons of people were doing the standard "is that Gobbo?!?" type of double takes, whispers, nudges etc. He's definitely marketable.

He also seems like a pretty cool dude irl, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
i noticed the same thing, he was on my left and people were kinda lookin at him trying to place him. And he busted and i said "no one here knew it but that guys a millionaire. And so a couple of the old guys didnt have a vlue still but the younger people were like omg its gobboboy!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 AM

after watching gobbo on tv i thought he was a total doucherocket.

after reading this thread i may have to reconsider.

hes a SUPERFREAK !!!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 AM

I would steak gobboboy for the aussie millions but frankly I'm of the opinion that he would in fact eat the steaks.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 AM

First of all, Howard business acumen is stupid. He is probably judging Gobbo from one or two events at most, failing to acknowledge the hordes of internet poker players who follow and respect his game. Just judging from Gobbo's letter to FT, you can tell that if he had to represent FT on a business level, he would clean up his act. If FT were smart, they'd do a phone interview or something, but that's asking too much.

Secondly, I don't know about Howard Lederer and his [censored] video tapes, but three paragraphs of Gobbo's theory posts for MTTs did more for my game than Lederer's analysis ever has.

Thirdly, I guess that if Gobbo was just "weird" or just a "freak," he would get a sponsorship. I mean, you just have to be a total douchebag to describe a person as a "dude" who is "weird and a freak." That kind of "cool kid" intel suburbanite meets retro hippy attitude is [censored] that we try to forget about after high school or (unfortunately) college. Hearing it come out of a 40+ year old's mouth is more disturbing, IMO, than a hyper gifted 20 year old with a weight problem who needs to clean himself up a little.

Fourth, FTP has a former drug addict / convict on like half of its commercials now. I guess that's the representation they are looking for.

Perhaps Howard is intimately associated with the business people at full tilt and therefore speaks his mind freely and casually amongst his peers. Still, I really can't stand his analysis.

Barry
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fail to see how Howard is an [censored] at all... he didn't know his email would be shown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" didn't know his phone call TO HIS SON wouldn't be recorded either. He less of an [censored] for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously Dali. You see how these aren't analgous at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
They ARE analogous, just not really congruous, and I find your continuous attacking of my virtuous and sensuous posts fatuous and disingenuous. Next time try being less conspicuous with your ambiguous responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

i loled
Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 AM

where is ftp doug when you need him?