Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Betfair Poker - More Cheating revolations

Does this have to do something with a fake email that has been sent to some highstales players on betfair about one week ago, with a download link of a trojan or whatever it was (dont know exactly since thrad about it got locked pretty quickly, and noticed it yesterday for the first time cause a friend told me)?

Got this email one week ago (of course not clicked or downloaded anything from the link)

Betreff: Betfair Poker: Several different blacklisted I.P's have tried logging in to your Betfair Account and several memorable data and password failure were present.

Von: info@betfair.com
An: XXX
Datum: 18.10.07

Dear XXX,

This is an automated email , please do not reply.

Betfair Poker Security teams have recently discovered that different blacklisted I.P's have
tried logging in to your Betfair account and several Memorable data and password
failure were present. For Security reasons and to avoid fraudulent activites on your account
please take a minute to download and install the newest betfair security update.

Note: If your using your betfair poker account in more than 1 computer, please install this
critical update on each computer.

Download Url:
http://www.emails-betfair.com/betfai...updXXXXXXX.exe

Failure to do so will cause problems with your Betfair Poker account and immediate account suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Bobby
Betfair Poker Security Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember never to give out your password or enter
account details over the Internet. Betfair Poker staff will
never ask you for your password. For your security, always
keep this information a secret.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a quick way to batter betfairs shareprice to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poker division of betfair is a tiny proportion of its revenue. It think they're more worried about this

And even that wont hurt them in the long term. They have a vice like grip on the betting exchange market.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 PM

Betfair is the best. They decided to close my account and keep all the money that is still in there! Without giving me a reasona dns aying they are not gonna reply to emails or phone calls.
BETFAIR IS THE BEST.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM

I know there was a BetFair incident regarding P2P betting on horse races. What ties this email to poker or to the amounts you reference ?

What else do you know, as the email itself confirms very little ? What was the nature of "cheating" you are discussing ?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM

There was a player called Vali who seemed to play not like you would expect a higher stakes player to play - yet he beat everyone everytime. It became a bit silly in the end as he never made a mistake (always played HU) and didn't even throw a few pots here and there. We all recieved refunds for the losses. What was clear is that certainly knew what we were holding.

A couple of the players have engaged legal people..not sure where it will lead.

I don't care if you beleive this or not, it's a fact I along with a number of other high stakes players recieved refunds. Betfair should be praised for how they dealt with this but what's concerning is just how safe is on-line poker? And how the hell did this happen? How widespread is this? All very concerning.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:35 PM

Bad stupid man sends out phishing e-mail with trojan link. Naive gamblers download trojan. Bad stupid man calls them down with 9 high and gets caught. Bad stupid man gets account frozen. Naive gamblers get repaid. Nothing more to see here - move along.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:40 PM

Here we go again..
Old 10-25-2007, 02:46 PM

what happened?

I am still banned at betfair because they sent me 3x the cashout I wanted about 2 years ago and I never sent it back, HOLLA!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bad stupid man sends out phishing e-mail with trojan link. Naive gamblers download trojan. Bad stupid man calls them down with 9 high and gets caught. Bad stupid man gets account frozen. Naive gamblers get repaid. Nothing more to see here - move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

So every high stakes player was a victim of this scam? Possible but unlikely.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:33 PM

This is why poker needs to be legalized in the US and given over to the major gaming corporations like LVS, Wynn, and MGM. They will not let crap like this or the AP scandal happen.