Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fellatio after anal?
Standard 16 36.36%
Puke 28 63.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM

Default is a check out of turn binding???

If anyone has an answer....... Is a check out of turn binding ??? I was in a hand the other night, a turn card came out that gave me a draw...a place where i would usually make a bet if i felt my opponent was weak..... well...before i could act a player checked out of turn.... feeling as though i would see a free card now... I also checked....but then the player moved all-in,,, the dealer was even unsure,, but believed the move to be legal, and the floor was called, also seemingly unsure..deemed the move legal... i'm not so sure however! Is there anyone who can help please! ???
Old 04-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: is a check out of turn binding???

im almost positive it is not. reference: hsp
Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 PM

this 100% depends on house rules, but at most places the check is binding.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:38 AM

I would imagine the check is binding, but if you bet he could either call or fold, not re-raise.

This is just my opinion, and how I would rule it.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would imagine the check is binding, but if you bet he could either call or fold, not re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I can't check raise because you checked out of turn? I don't think so.

Verbal declarations are usually binding, especially if the action is the same when it gets to you. If you said raise with someone left to act and they then raise into you, you might be left off the hook and allowed to just call. But if you said check and it's checked to you, then you have checked.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I can't check raise because you checked out of turn? I don't think so.

Verbal declarations are usually binding, especially if the action is the same when it gets to you. If you said raise with someone left to act and they then raise into you, you might be left off the hook and allowed to just call. But if you said check and it's checked to you, then you have checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also my understanding and how we play at our games. Verbal is binding unless the action changes before it comes to you.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is a check out of turn binding ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, local rules apply but I would guess that in most instances cardrooms would consider a check out of turn binding with some exceptions.

In your case, if you bet, then any out of turn action is nullified. If you check, then his check must stand.

The reason for this is fairly obvious. If he thought it was his turn and checked, then that was his intention. He assumed it was checked around to him. And if he did this out of turn but it was still checked around to him, then nothing has changed so his check is still valid.

You got screwed here, IMHO.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:23 PM

i think most of you are confusing checking in the dark with checking out of turn. People arent "checking out of turn" on High Stakes Poker. They are checking before their own turn, but before the next card(s) is flipped.

Generally, nothing you do out of turn is binding (a few exceptions related to betting out of turns can occur under certain house rules).

I love how there is a poll associated with a question that has a clear Yes/No answer... This is fact not opinion.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how there is a poll associated with a question that has a clear Yes/No answer... This is fact not opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well in the case of OP, I would think all reputable cardrooms would rule that check binding. That's why I voted yes.

And the outcome of that hand is exactly why that check should be binding. How can you make a case for checking and then changing your mind to all-in? Could you say all-in and then change it to check?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well in the case of OP, I would think all reputable cardrooms would rule that check binding. That's why I voted yes.

And the outcome of that hand is exactly why that check should be binding. How can you make a case for checking and then changing your mind to all-in? Could you say all-in and then change it to check?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you can change an all in call to check when the all in call wasnt on your turn and the check is. (some house rules may apply - as i said in the first goddamn post)